Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The ticking Profit and Sustainability (FFP) timebomb...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Shirley another fairly significant points deduction coming Everton's way?? Losses for last season more than double that of the 21/22 season and can't see how they could have stayed within the limits for the rolling 3 seasons?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Shirley another fairly significant points deduction coming Everton's way?? Losses for last season more than double that of the 21/22 season and can't see how they could have stayed within the limits for the rolling 3 seasons?
Very good news for Luton and Forest

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Could be a great summer to make funds available for some spending. Will be lots of clubs looking to balance their books and I think they'll be less eye-watering transfers so less temptation for us to cash in.

I feel like we'd have got a fraction of the 115 million if we were selling Caicedo this summer. That could stay as the transfer record for quite some time IMO

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There's a reddit thread (on r/soccer), but the link to the Albion's site is broken:

Assuming that figure is correct, then by my memory and arithmetic we’ll have made a net profit of around 20m for our first six PL seasons.

Considering that that resulted in qualifying for Europe at the end of the 6th season, that’s quite an achievement from everyone involved in managing the club.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Could be a great summer to make funds available for some spending. Will be lots of clubs looking to balance their books and I think they'll be less eye-watering transfers so less temptation for us to cash in.

I feel like we'd have got a fraction of the 115 million if we were selling Caicedo this summer. That could stay as the transfer record for quite some time IMO
Tony spotted this months ago.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The real issue is, is how much will the club pay back TB for his loans. The Athletic article implied all the time profits were being made, repayments to TB will happen. I have no complaints if this does happen as he's dipped his hand in his pocket enough IMO, but just don't expect us to go mad in the summer transfer market, just because the overall picture looks rosy.

Expecting our policy of spending low to potentially sell on for bigger profits will remain.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The real issue is, is how much will the club pay back TB for his loans. The Athletic article implied all the time profits were being made, repayments to TB will happen. I have no complaints if this does happen as he's dipped his hand in his pocket enough IMO, but just don't expect us to go mad in the summer transfer market, just because the overall picture looks rosy.
IMG_6720.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here