Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The team that started at Bolton yesterday.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think you're broadly right with this assessment, although you've missed out on Dunk, who has been excellent in three recent games -- Hull at home, QPR and yesterday against Bolton.

Our best starting XI is the one that started yesterday, with Upson for probably Dunk, and Orlandi for JFC.
I'm in the group of fans who assume Dunk is about 30.
What with him being at the club so long and in the main played like a self assured senior professional.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The back 5 (bar the Dunk/Greer conundrum) and Ulloa pick themselves its getting right combination in midfield which will hold the key to our playoff ambitions.

Where and whom we play are huge considerations, so I can only see Ince being an automatic pick if fit, Stephens looks like his finding his form so he could well nail down another place, which leaves 3 places between a huge pool of players.

Buckley
Lua lua
March
Lopez
Lindegaard
Orlandi
JFC
Andrews

Add Hoskins and CMS into the equation and we have some excellent players waiting in the wings and our bench should be full with game changers.

For me a Buckley, Lindegaard & Orlandi attacking triangle behind Ulloa is our best bet, but away from home JFC and Andrews may come more into the reckoning.

I'm writing of Obika permanently and Rodriguez for this season I can't see them making an impact unless we have a terrible run of injuries.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The back 5 (bar the Dunk/Greer conundrum) and Ulloa pick themselves its getting right combination in midfield which will hold the key to our playoff ambitions.

Where and whom we play are huge considerations, so I can only see Ince being an automatic pick if fit, Stephens looks like his finding his form so he could well nail down another place, which leaves 3 places between a huge pool of players.

Buckley
Lua lua
March
Lopez
Lindegaard
Orlandi
JFC
Andrews

Add Hoskins and CMS into the equation and we have some excellent players waiting in the wings and our bench should be full with game changers.

For me a Buckley, Lindegaard & Orlandi attacking triangle behind Ulloa is our best bet, but away from home JFC and Andrews may come more into the reckoning.

I'm writing of Obika permanently and Rodriguez for this season I can't see them making an impact unless we have a terrible run of injuries.

I'd agree with most of this, although Rodriguez might be required, especially if CMS and Hoskins are no-gos and, horror of horrors, Ulloa gets injured, suspended, etc. His availability and form really looks integral to our chances of getting in to the play-offs.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I,ve stated this before and I'm going to stick with it Ince and Andrews doesn't work well for the simple reason, 1. Andrews doesn't have the pace to operate infront of Ince pushing forward and 2. watch Ince closely when Andrews plays , he doesn't seem to know if he should push forward at times or just sit in the middle and cover the gaps when Andrews goes forward and is left for pace on the counter. Of the various players available to play alongside Ince only Stephens has pace, Orlandi is probably the best if he ever gets fit or lasts longer than 70mins. JFC is still learning and does seem to know exactly what OG wants him to do when he's picked, so he's in and out as OG needs him.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Dunk was fantastic yesterday, easily our man of the match. I thought Bolton were quite good in the first half and they created some really dangerous situations that Dunk snuffed out. Sitting right behind our defence showed just how good he is at anticipating situations, which makes up for his lack of pace. The other thing that I noticed, being so close to him for the first time in a long while, is just how much he has bulked up. No longer is he a weedy youngster who gets pushed around a bit. He is now a proper UNIT. There is no way he can be dropped after the last two games.

Agree with that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt it said that Agustein had apologised to Oscar and made up so perhaps he will be another to consider for the role played by JFC or at least a place on the bench.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
a fit in form Orlandi we do not have.
I was very excited when he was selected in central position.
dreaming of flairtastic playmaking through balls shots etc
but in 2 games was very disappointed.
it is telling we have gone into games with no
midfielders on the bench. oscars reluctance to use
remy and Spanish Dave centrally I think means he wants 3
hard working players there.
Ince and Andrews both ideally the holding player so I see JFC
continuing his impressive run in the team.
I am not sure he has the attacking ability to make it to the very top
as a playmaker but great to see a brighton youngster get his chance
and he has not let the team down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here