Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Synthetic Derby

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I see we have a match-up tonight between the PL’s two most entitled, preening, phony ‘super’ clubs - Chelsea v City.

The stadium will be chock full of horrible designer fans and celebs paying prices to match their hideously high expectations. Most of whom will spend the entire game on their phones, only to leave disgruntled on 83 minutes because their team is losing (yes that’s you Chelsea lot). The stink of cash will permeate the pitch, the stands, the boxes…..

Made me cogitate over other ‘special’ derbies like the Dickheads Derby between Everton and Leeds….

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
QPR v Luton - The Synthetic Derby
WhatsApp Image 2023-01-05 at 15.45.36.jpeg

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All the other London clubs have some identity, soul, point to them, Chelsea are such a nonentity in that regard, completely uninteresting, no proper rivals, just utterly dull, no one outside of Chelsea fans care, except possibly those old enough to remember them in the 60s/70s. The perfect fit for Potter, and did I mention ‘fat’ Frank Dullard?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
All the other London clubs have some identity, soul, point to them, Chelsea are such a nonentity in that regard, completely uninteresting, no proper rivals, just utterly dull, no one outside of Chelsea fans care, except possibly those old enough to remember them in the 60s/70s. The perfect fit for Potter, and did I mention ‘fat’ Frank Dullard?

Good point about no proper rivals. I’ve got mates at work who are Spurs and West Ham fans and they both say Chelsea are regarded as a ghost club who no-one really cares about playing….

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I see we have a match-up tonight between the PL’s two most entitled, preening, phony ‘super’ clubs - Chelsea v City.

The stadium will be chock full of horrible designer fans and celebs paying prices to match their hideously high expectations. Most of whom will spend the entire game on their phones, only to leave disgruntled on 83 minutes because their team is losing (yes that’s you Chelsea lot). The stink of cash will permeate the pitch, the stands, the boxes…..

Made me cogitate over other ‘special’ derbies like the Dickheads Derby between Everton and Leeds….
*Something about glass houses and throwing stones*

As for the rest of it? Meh.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Fulham mildly dislike Chelsea, does that make them their bitterest rivals?
'Mildly dislike' is a massive understatement, especially for older Cottagers. It is only in relatively recent years that QPHaha have been regarded as rivals and even more recently, Hounslow. The rivalry with C*****a goes back to their very inception by a disgraced Fulham Director Henry Norris who wanted us to move to Stamford Bridge so he could build houses on the Cottage (he was a developer). The rest of the Fulham board refused so he flounced off and set up Chelsea FC with the Bridge's owner, an ancestor of Ken Bates. Norris later bought a majority stake in Woolwich Arsenal and moved them to Highbury.

While in my father and grandfather's day it was fairly common to watch Fulham one week and Chelscum the next, those days are long gone and Fulham generally hate the racist thugs with a passion. Our club radio commentator even managed to avoid saying John Terry's name once when he captained Villa in the playoff final a few years ago.

The evening SW6 derby on the 12th will be a rollicking affair.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
C'mon, feel the magic. It's a special night.
In this, the third decade of the new Millenium, it's not geography, or history that makes a Derby any more.
It's your media footprint..

Any time two of the Six Real Teams in English Football™ meet, it's a Derby de facto.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Everton Leeds ?

el punal

Fulham mildly dislike Chelsea, does that make them their bitterest rivals?
I used to work in London for a wines and spirits company with our head office in Bond Street - take that you heathens! Our cellars (warehouse) were in Weston Street, under London Bridge station and all the lads there were Millwall fans. Knowing I was a Brighton fan there was a fair amount of friendly banter, and this was in the days of the ‘Wall with the treatment, the halfway line and F-troop in their ranks. As now, Millwall, of course, hated everyone!

A couple of years later our firm moved its head office to Brentford. It was then that I found out there was a triangular rivalry between Brentford, QPR and Fulham. Brentford fans hated QPR as they were considered their main rivals, and a mild dislike for Fulham.

It’s a funny old game, Saint!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I wouldn't miss any of the London clubs.
Although I also think we should get rid of everything between Lewes and the Tees, so I'm not the best person to give an opinion.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't really like any of these clubs.

Going to miss the game, going to the pub with two friends from childhood that I haven't seen in six months.

Hope Chelsea win the game with a Graham Potter volley from 36 meters.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Really have no time for either of these clubs. I'd like them to draw tonight and both to get relegated at the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here