The Swan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can only assume it was double rammed today - wanted to go but Mrs on crutches and she'd have been royally pissed if I had left her. Did it work OK? Going there for Boro I reckon

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
No - not busy inside at all. Short queue for Burgers.

As it was a sunny day most people went outside.
We sat in the "Old Farts Corner" as usual - no probs getting served whatsoever!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must give this pub a try for one of the remaining games at homes as I have heard many very good reports. Did I read that when the owner, the anti BHA man, died he left the pub to his barman or is it a family member.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I work at the uni so have been there for lunch on the odd occasion, food is pretty good but it's basically what can be fried... So it's sausages, eggs, bacon, chips etc.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Going to go to Swan pre match Middlesborough. Last time I went was before Hull match and it was pretty decent and not that busy. They seem to have their act together with the extra bar bit outside and bbq.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I went the Swan after the match and I was surprised that a Pompey supporter was turned away at the door. No hint of causing any trouble. I thought that it was 'away' friendly.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
I went the Swan after the match and I was surprised that a Pompey supporter was turned away at the door. No hint of causing any trouble. I thought that it was 'away' friendly.

Certain games they don't allow away fans - not surprised Pompey fall into that catergory. West Ham, Leeds, Palace and Cardiff were all home fans only too. Blackpool, Leicester etc had a good number in and friendly too.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Did you have to prove you were Brighton?

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing

The police advise them what games might be best to keep the pub home only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports