Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Swan

treetrunks

Feb 2, 2012
Has anyone else been disappointed with the quality of the lager at The Swan? Are they watering it down?!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has anyone else been disappointed with the quality of the lager at The Swan? Are they watering it down?!

The chances of that happening are virtually nil as it is very easy to detect even as a drinker just by looking at it. Being a Freehouse he would have no need because he can buy at the right price by playing brewer against brewer. So I would say the answer is no he is not without even trying it.

Love going here in the summer - but have stopped now. No atmosphere and it's cold outside.

I know some away fans are good to bar (Wall, Palace etc) but maybe the owners should promote this as an away friendly pub.

Hull stood out for me as being great fun outside.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
As a regular at the Swan and knowing Martin who runs the place with his Mum I can assure you this is total *******! The Swan only serves decent beer, and the choice of real ale is excellent.

The Swan (since its new owners in place) have done nothing but be helpful/friendly and welcoming to Brighton fans and yet you still get idiot poster like the thread started about them watering down beer. Why would they do that?? Have you actually been there??

BTW the Swan sell match day programmes and the Golden Goal tickets and have two large marquees up in the car park area to keep you warmer now thats its so much colder on match days. All in all my number one choice (along with the Duke of Wellington by Brighton station which we pop into first) pre-match.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

You registered just to ask this?

As a regular at the Swan and knowing Martin who runs the place with his Mum I can assure you this is total *******! The Swan only serves decent beer, and the choice of real ale is excellent.

The Swan (since its new owners in place) have done nothing but be helpful/friendly and welcoming to Brighton fans and yet you still get idiot poster like the thread started about them watering down beer. Why would they do that?? Have you actually been there??

BTW the Swan sell match day programmes and the Golden Goal tickets and have two large marquees up in the car park area to keep you warmer now thats its so much colder on match days. All in all my number one choice (along with the Duke of Wellington by Brighton station which we pop into first) pre-match.

Has their policy changed towards away fans? It has been dead there recently?

Agree the burgers are A1

treetrunks

Feb 2, 2012
Blimey, it appears you can't have an opinion round here without getting your head bitten off. I've been a visitor, on and off, to The Swan for a number of years but on my last two visits the lager tasted poor. Libellous comments?! I don't think so.
And who said anything about me being a bloke, make no assumptions boys!!

Have been in there a few times pre and post match and they serve a good pint...not keen on plastic glasses but you only need
one idiot so no complaints there either. Food is cheap and cheerful and doesn't make me feel like I'm getting ripped off...........
All power to the Swan I say for embracing match days.

Blimey, it appears you can't have an opinion round here without getting your head bitten off. I've been a visitor, on and off, to The Swan for a number of years but on my last two visits the lager tasted poor. Libellous comments?! I don't think so.
And who said anything about me being a bloke, make no assumptions boys!!

Seeing as you've started so well can I ask you:

1) What do you think of the "we love you song"?
2) Should we have a drum?
3) Goal music, yay or nay.

And if you're not a bloke:

:needpics:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Has their policy changed towards away fans? It has been dead there recently?

Agree the burgers are A1

The Swan allow away fans except when advised not to by the Police, hence West Ham, Southampton, Palace, Leeds and Millwall saw away supporters banned (you have to show a home ticket to get in if they dont know you). As somebody said earlier Hull probably had the most people at the Swan.

All I can say to treetrunks is that perhaps you should have taken your beer back if it was off/poor and they would have changed it. Much better than going on a Brighton message board and asking if the pub waters down its beer!

Looking forward to my burger before the Ipswich game - they are superb!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here