The Sun Front Page

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shock horror the Sun at it again, yet freaks still buy it

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I assume it's an awful play on words from the Iceland slogan 'Mums go to Iceland', insinuating that the England players are the 'dumbs'. I'm not sure why they have 'gone to Iceland' though...

I can only guess it's gone to as in gone out to but whatever it is, it's dreadful.

The worrying thing is that is the best that they could come up with, how bad were the rejected alternatives?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can only guess it's gone to as in gone out to but whatever it is, it's dreadful.

The worrying thing is that is the best that they could come up with, how bad were the rejected alternatives?

Imagine all their writers, sat around the office, desperately racking their brains.

"Bunch of Roo-sers?"

"Nah, we use 'Roo' every other day of the week even though nobody's ever, ever called him that, not once".

"Roy'll Abdication? Roy'll Wave (Goodbye)?"

"Better"

"Volca-noooooooooooo!"

"Why?"

"Because Iceland has volcanoes"

"It does? Erm...anything else?'

"Sorry England's Hopes Reyk'ed By Ice-Men"

"Not punchy enough. And our readers probably think Reykjavik's in Sweden"

"Glacier Lot! Roy's Boys Freeze In Icelandic Storm?"

"They Came, They Thor, They Conquered?"

"Jeez. Right. Anybody managed to get some shots of pretty Icelandic blonde birds with their norks out? No? **** it, we'll just stick Wayne Rooney's kid on the front page, because young children are absolutely fair game. It's a wrap, lads!"

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Sun is a waste of space. And so are some of the pundits on TV

Roy Hodgson was a genius who supposedly made brilliant substitutions in the match against Wales. Now they say he is tactically inept.

In effect, the players were shit on the night. Iceland players, although they are getting credit for a great performance, sometimes it is possible for grit and desire to overcome class and ability. That's what happened last night.

Roy's failings were his loyalty to under performing players and his motivational skills. All the players looked like they had been on the beach for 5 days before that match, instead of on the training pitch for 5 days.

The Sun headlines are not going to change anything. The fans deserve a good moan at the players and then everyone needs to start thinking who can get the good players to go into matches with a fighting mentality because that's what was lacking, a battling desire to suceed and a mentality where you don't look down on the opposition.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Didn't they use a picture of Marc-Vivien Foe as he lay dying on the pitch for a front page headline a few years back? Nasty :nono:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It beggars belief that people still buy that shit in this day and age.

Not only buy it but do as the rag tells them who to vote for.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I find it slightly offensive having a brother with autism but wouldn't expect anything different from the Sun.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Popped into a cafe for a quick breakfast the other day. Someone had left the SUN on my table.

Sweet Jesus, its not even a paper.

Not read through one in years but It was more a cross between a gossip mag and news with big pictures for divs.

Who would buy that shit every day? :eek:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Popped into a cafe for a quick breakfast the other day. Someone had left the SUN on my table.

Sweet Jesus, its not even a paper.

Not read through one in years but It was more a cross between a gossip mag and news with big pictures for divs.

Who would buy that shit every day? :eek:
Isn't it the most bought paper ? Scary really

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Have I missed something but isn't it still term time and mini Rooney is in France watching football? still I guess a £300 fine for taking holidays in term time will hardly affect their bank balance, probably just mean a local OAP will go without food for a month :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have I missed something but isn't it still term time and mini Rooney is in France watching football? still I guess a £300 fine for taking holidays in term time will hardly affect their bank balance, probably just mean a local OAP will go without food for a month :)

I read this in the Metro, on the bus, that he goes to a private school, so therefore there is no fine. He has been given schoolwork to take with him.

I find it more concerning, on this thread, that posters are more upset about the grammar & slogan, than the fact that a child has been pictured on the front page, without permission.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Free beer though. So, every cloud...

Although having to go all the way to Iceland for it is a bit much, especially after the defeat.

Still, at least it'll be cold.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I find it more concerning, on this thread, that posters are more upset about the grammar & slogan, than the fact that a child has been pictured on the front page, without permission.

I believe they don't actually need permission. Terms and conditions of entry in to the ground normally imply permission.

I'm not sure what the French regulations are, but I would be surprised if they are more rigid than our own.... from the seagulls.co.uk website

24 By entering the Ground, all persons are acknowledging that photographic images and/or video recordings (and/or stills taken from video recordings) may be taken of them and may also be used in televised coverage of the game or by the Club or any Football Authority for marketing or promotional purposes. Entry into the Ground is confirmation that all persons have consented to such use of their image. If these images should feature an individual prominently the Club will make reasonable efforts to gain the consent of that person before publishing such images, however, if this is not possible, then entry into the Ground shall be deemed consent unless the Club is notified in writing to the contrary.

25 Further to paragraph 24, if such person is under 18 years of age, the parent, guardian, or responsible adult who is accompanying them into the Ground shall be deemed to have provided consent on their behalf.

I guess the media have licences to use images as and when they choose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here