Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The striker we buy in January...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is Dembele good enough taking into account he plays for Celtic who are probably about top Championship standard and no better than us and all of our strikers could score in that league. The price being talked of is astronomical.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think we'll get two strikers too.

Andone & Dembele for me.

I suspect we'll have to lose Hemed or Baldock though.
Dembele is U21 so doesn't need a squad place.

Andone would more likely replace Skalak in the 25 perhaps ? ???

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
I think we'll get two strikers too.

Andone & Dembele for me.

I suspect we'll have to lose Hemed or Baldock though.

We won't get both of them at around 20million each, one big money and a loan if we get 2 strikers. I think we'll only get one anyway after just giving Hemed a new contract, we're not suddenly going to make him 4th choice or get rid of him or Murray.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ze Luis looks likely as the back up striker.
Celtic are talking £25m for Dembele who is rarely first choice at the moment, often injured/not fully fit.
Andone would be better value. Not playing & thrown his toys out of the pram at Deportivo.
Expect Skalak, Murphy & Baldock to go.

Hoping we will get a creative midfielder in

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think we'll only get one anyway after just giving Hemed a new contract, we're not suddenly going to make him 4th choice or get rid of him or Murray.

If CH is not going to play Baldock, why keep him? I think we'll be so keen to get a striker over the line, we'll end up with two.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
If CH is not going to play Baldock, why keep him? I think we'll be so keen to get a striker over the line, we'll end up with two.

I didn't say we should keep him. I think he'll go out on loan and we'll bring in one to replace him. Now we don't play two up top I can't see us having 4 strikers in the squad.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I didn't say we should keep him. I think he'll go out on loan and we'll bring in one to replace him. Now we don't play two up top I can't see us having 4 strikers in the squad.

I can.

1. Mystery record signing.
2. Murray.
3. Hemed
4. New U21 striker - Big money, big potential but mainly U23s

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Think the desire not to play two up top is purely a function of the perceived quality available in those positions. If we get two quality additions in then I expect Gross to have more of a challenge to his starting position.

Personally Babukar and Andone would do me.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Is Dembele good enough taking into account he plays for Celtic who are probably about top Championship standard and no better than us and all of our strikers could score in that league. The price being talked of is astronomical.

They would be mid table Championship at best.

Poor league up here !Garry Dicker (like him lots) is playing as a stalwart for Kilmarnock. Says it all really.

Dealing with Celtic wont be easy either, like dealing with Zenit but with menace!

TNBA

TTF

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Earlier today sky sports app said Celtic have accepted an £18m bid for Dembele from Brighton and now it has gone. strange.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Silly post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm somewhat disappointed this thread has taken a turn from it's serious and heartfelt beginnings to this frivolous nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here