Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Story of Britain's Most Successful Gambler (Tony Bloom)

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Great article.

He certainly isn't betting the with the so called bookmakers over here like Hills, Ladbrokes, Corals, BaldcuntFred etc as those cun ts don't and wont let you win anything more than about a tenner if you are a winner. Its something most of the nation don't believe or even give a fukk about it but the bookies in this country are absolutely rancid and it gives me great pleasure to fleece them whenever I can, and its quite often, although not to Bloom's size, obviously:lolol: They don't like it up em and am on my 3rd Hills account in the last year and even then they only lay me to win a ton after taking them for a few grand:annoyed:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very interesting to say the least

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Something still doesn't quite add up. He went from selling a couple of betting companies for a few million, as well as gaining some uncertain percentage of a $204 million sale, then sets up starlizard which itself only makes a small amount of revenue - but suddenly he's a potential billionaire using Star Lizard as his money manager. Given the small margins in this industry as the article highlights, how does this happen? There's still gaps in his story.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Earnings of between £10-£100 million a year with no personal or corporation tax and all the research costs for deciding bets put through a limited company - very shrewd. You'd have to be Google or Starbucks to compete.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
The company was the reason the Betfair Premium Charge was introduced and at one stage they were making more than Betfair on Betfair apparently:ohmy: The figures in the report may well turn out to be very low, but no-one will ever know exactly how much they make.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Earnings of between £10-£100 million a year with no personal or corporation tax and all the research costs for deciding bets put through a limited company - very shrewd. You'd have to be Google or Starbucks to compete.

Hes a genius, not only does all his research cost him nothing, in 2014 he made nearly half a million after tax on it. If that is what he puts in on an average year then he gets to gamble at no personal financial risk to himself.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes. If anyone can keep secret his plans to build a nuclear powered underwater city with 3 pet great white sharks to whom he feeds any underperforming minions, it's our Tony Bloom. :thumbsup:

And I thought it was a wind farm that they were building off of Worthing.

Ah, Mr Bloom, we've been expecting you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here