Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 'Stick-on Sponsor' on the New Kit.

Will it put you off?

• Buying the kit regardless. (Like the sticky sponsor)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Buying the kit regardless. (Don't like the sticky sponsor)

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Sticky sponsor put me off, would have got it otherwise

Votes: 53 49.5%
  • I like the sticky sponsor, convinced me to buy it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't buy the kits anyway. (Like the sticky sponsor)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Don't buy the kits anyway. (Don't like the sticky sponsor)

Votes: 32 29.9%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not opposed to buying replica shirts, but I don't like the designs (including the iron on thing). I'm not sure what option to select as I wouldn't have bought it even if it wasn't an iron on sponsor, but the nearest option is one that suggests I wouldn't ever buy a shirt.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Isn't asking adults that wear football shirts their opinion on sartorial matters a bit of an oxymoron?

In fairness, a lot of us buy but don't actually wear. I put them away for my sons.

Of course it could be SOME time before they wear XL, but there you go....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To a certain extent, yes it does... and secondly, The results of the poll look unequivocal to me.

How does it to a certain extent? Im pretty sure over the course of the season, Christmas's and Birthdays even people who say they dont want a shirt or now wont buy it will still recieve one.

Im sure we will find out in a couple of seasons time and you can bounce me then if you wish, but this will still sell. unfortunately.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It will DEFINITELY be the biggest selling Albion shirt ever, by absolutely miles.

Figures are already showing a 400% Uplift in sales.

Sooo things carry on like that I think you might need to use the term light years!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They'll also make a great deal more money on the associated products this year- replica training kit, leisurewear etc- simply because the Errea stuff was so poor, it wasn't attractive to buyers, whereas the Nike gear will have far greater appeal.

I bet the Nike sweatshirts, polo shirts, hoodies and so on shift in their thousands. So, what might be lost on a few dozen protest votes re the stick on logo (I've seen it close up, it is pretty cheap looking), will be wiped out many times over by the additional shirt and leisurewear sales.

Happy Albion bank manager.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I haven't bought it but, despite my growing waistline and waning fitness, I still play football so will buy it and will likely wear it up to twice a week. That said, I've never liked iron on sponsors.

On a side-ish note, I very much doubt iron on sponsors were a deal breaker as I am absolutely certain the Nike deal was driven almost solely on what Edna has stated: that it's not just the kit that will shift in vast volumes but all of the training kit, polo shirts, coats, wind-breakers etc etc. This will make the club a small fortune.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm in the "buying the kit regardless - don't give a shit about the iron on logo" camp.

Well, buying it for the boy. Not sure about getting one for myself yet (probably get one for my birthday). Like a lot of people have said, people will buy it because it's Nike - simple as that. Iron on logo or not. Likewise here. Kids want it, parents buy it.

Although to be honest he's much much much more excited about getting the purple keeper's top!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
And the purple shorts too, I hope! Best piece of kit ever.

Haha, had a feeling you might be drawn to that comment! Yeah he'll be getting he shorts as well no doubt. Unfortunately/fortunately (for my wallet) he won't be getting Kuszczak 29 on the back this year though!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Haha, had a feeling you might be drawn to that comment! Yeah he'll be getting he shorts as well no doubt. Unfortunately/fortunately (for my wallet) he won't be getting Kuszczak 29 on the back this year though!

When Barber starts charging a fiver a time for little DOTS, 'Mäenpää 1' won't be cheap either...

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
When Barber starts charging a fiver a time for little DOTS, 'Mäenpää 1' won't be cheap either...

Last time I had a dot, I believe it was free. So, now thanks to you posting this, and Barber's keen eye, no doubt we will now have to pay a fiver for umlauts!

Although last season about halfway through didn't they change it to a flat tenner if you had a player's name, whether it be Dunk 5 or Forster-Caskey 18

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
remember that TSB logo on the ribero kit?............it was an iron on but actually quite decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here