Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The state of football violence in this country

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does someone seriously call themselves The Judge?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Anyone with a banner should be allowed to display it. Anyone with an opinion should be allowed to voice it.

The problem started when confrontations came as a result of this and tempers were lost. I don't know why anyone felt the need to try and destroy a sign but the reaction I experienced the most from the people around me was primarily one of "support the team". It was disappointing to find that the aggression that resulted after the banner incident spread pretty quickly but some of us, myself included, didn't know that the incident had taken place. We were watching the game and singing when there suddenly seemed to be some mass exodus towards the east stand.

Naively I thought we were all off to join the others singing in the middle... more fool me.
Everyone then did an about face and went back under the Police box, apparently pursued by a group of rather large men shouting abuse at us all. My reaction was to shout back and prepare for the fight that seemed imminent.

The stewards then waded in and removed a couple of people who subsequently returned. A hand was offered as a gesture of peace, it was refused by the person it was aimed at, and we all kicked off all over again.

It was handbags, fuelled by frustration, started by the inadvisable reaction to some banners.

It's soured me no end in my opinions of how we move forward, and it makes Thursday night look a bit bloody pointless if our first suggestion to improve the atmosphere is 'pull us apart'.

I'm not sure anyone covered themselves in glory last night but if we continue to fight in the stands as well as on here then we're doomed. Banners, no banners; sing or don't sing; support Sami or not - it's all entirely inconsequential if we, via our combined actions, tear the club's support apart from within.

I'm not trying to absolve myself of any blame, I joined in the the vocal objections to the aggression aimed in my direction, and I joined in the 'w4nker' chants when the big guy with the banner was first led out but it wasn't until he had been that there was time to ask what had happened, and I found out that what I thought was an exodus to combine our singing supporters was an effort to remove peaceful protest. I'd like to apologise here for the aggression I showed but at the time I didn't know why I was being approached at speed by large men with angry faces.

I don't know how to suggest we move forward but it's now more than clear that the division in the club's support is deep and violent. If Sami remains in charge it will happen again so for the sake of everyone, he needs to go.

If he does, my overwhelming feeling will be one of sadness, tinged with disappointment, regret, and disillusionment.

Dark days.

From my perspective, resident under the Police Box for a full two games now, it was extremely disappointing to find that we managed to turn on each other last night.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I would have loved the Judge (how sad is it someone goes by that ID) and the kids try and get the fellas who held up the 'Sami go and take Burke' banner off them.

They are serious folk that wouldn't take too kindly to Billy Big Bollocks and his kids trying it on. Best they gang up just on the one fella to get their cocks stiff.

TB

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't know how to suggest we move forward

Sacking Hyppia, Burke, Jones and Barber might be a start. And bring in manager to galvanise the team and a CEO who doesn't alienate supporters.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
One Club, One Ambition......

01-lead229-1781066_478x359.jpg

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's quiet strange in a way as you'd think this club was run by a dictator of some sorts as it seems that stewards were told what to irradicate on the night.

Very disturbing

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair to him, his name is Jules. The moniker comes from this, dating back some time. Doesn't give him the right to take control though.

Oh I see. In the context of this thread I had an image of some self-styled Judge Dredd character stomping around the North Stand. This presents a different image.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Genuine question

Why do they stand/sit under the Police box? I've always thought it a bit strange - they can't really think that in that area the police don't monitor whats going on because they can't see them do they?

Or do they listen in to the Police through the floor? I know sometimes policing is dim but its not that dim is it?

I always thought that to get behind your team the best position was to congregate behind the goal not tucked away in a dark corner?

folkwall

Dec 10, 2014
i know from watching wall all over the country we have some divs but watching a 45 plus brighton fan hitting a 14 year old wall fan is a disgrace i chased after scum but was surrouned by police and stewards and said its all on cctv lets see whats happens total coward

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
i know from watching wall all over the country we have some divs but watching a 45 plus brighton fan hitting a 14 year old wall fan is a disgrace i chased after scum but was surrouned by police and stewards and said its all on cctv lets see whats happens total coward

These accusations always happen after your lot are here.... And some divs?...understatement and a half.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
If it wasnt such an awful game then half the drama's wouldn't of unfolded, everyone so bored and fed up the trouble was more interesting then the game!

I dont see the point in fighting AT a game these days if your suppose to get a lifetime or loooooong ban from all football games.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Come on fella you probably got the Millwall fans age and iq mixed up.

But good on you for chasing after the "scum" you must be double ard eh.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The last time someone was on here blabbing about a 14 year old etc he turned out to be 24 :lolol:
How do you know the bloke was 45? May have been 35:lolol:

Was you hiding behind the police as you jumped out of your zimmer frame to chase him?:lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When did all this happen then? Must have been when I dozed off for a few minutes in the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here