Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'special' player

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I would be surprised if it is a forward now we have that taken care of. If it is Woodgate and he is able to satisfy the medical staff that he would last more than five minutes then I would be happy as he is a quality player, but I am struggling to remember if he has completed a season in the last decade?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What a fantastic player he is... such a shame he is perma-injured...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I heard a whisper the special one was Jenas

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't understand why you would go to the trouble of registering, declaring yourself an employee at the Amex, but stop short of saying who the hell you're talking about..
Why not say who you're talking about and not mention that you work at the Amex?

Lots of people work at the amex and could have seen this guy. Just name him.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can someone remind me how many 1st team games Woodgate has played in the last 3 seasons? If he's the special one I'm seriously underwhelmed as I was with Kitson although I accept both were/are fine players, more than good enough to wear the stripes, when fit.

2008/09 - 45
2009/10 - 3
2010/11 - 1 (came on as a 59' sub)

so sweet FA, it will take him all season to get to match fitness, will be a liability

D

Deleted member 18477

woodgates legs have GONE! nothing left of them. i'd rather sign pascal Cygan!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I would be surprised if it is a forward now we have that taken care of. If it is Woodgate and he is able to satisfy the medical staff that he would last more than five minutes then I would be happy as he is a quality player, but I am struggling to remember if he has completed a season in the last decade?

He doesn't have to last a season - just until Adam El-Abd is fit again. Which is about as long as he usually remains uninjured ...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I guess that the difference between a pay as you play deal with Spurs (which Woodgate turned down) and a similar deal with us is the number of games he would actually play assuming he was fit. With Spurs if he hit top form he might expect to play no more than 10 to 15 games in a season given the strength of their squad. With us he would play every week if he was able to do so which means that even if the rate per game was less, the income would be more. Where we score over Leeds is that he presumably now lives somewhere around London so needn't uproot his family for a gamble which, given his medical record, might not come off. As rumours go I think this one's got legs........................... which unfortunately is more than Woodgate has :)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If he is fit enough and is a relatively low wage investment - pay as you play or just a low wage anyway - I'd be happy to have Woodgate.

Having someone so experienced and, when actually fit, so talented can only be a benefit, particularly for someone like Lewis Dunk

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
2008/09 - 45
2009/10 - 3
2010/11 - 1 (came on as a 59' sub)

4 games in two years. Can we really get excited over a player who for all we know is now no better than a league 2 player. Just because he was class back in the day dont count for squat now.
I am sure there was another spurs player who had bags of talent got injured and then was never the same again. Paul (something) I think his name was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here