Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Southdown & Eridge Hunt's traditional boxing day meet has been stymied

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Oh but it has, I would say this group aren't really interested in Wheelbarrow racing/Foodbanks as such, this was done to 'block the hunt' and they're now full of glee about it on their facebook pages.

Definately more quick thinking.
How stupid do you have to be to forget to apply for something you do every year. twats.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think they are a corrupt bunch of cronies but don´t feel the need for such venom.
When their arrogant and cruel actions have brought hardship and misery to many decent hardworking people it’s no surprise there’s such venom.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
This is what Lewes has now.

The political representation on Lewes District Council is:
Green - 17 councillors
Liberal Democrats - 15 councillors
Labour - 9 councillors

Not a single Tory....reckon this lot are about as anti Hunt as you can get.

My opinion which no doubt will not go down well with most NSC ers. Is the Hunt meeting at Christmas is a spectacle and a tradition I would like to continue.
Also I prefer the supporters of the hunt (not the Hunters) to most (and again not all) of the Saboteurs
Do you feel that you’re missing out as you can’t ’tug your forelock’ to the Lord of the manner.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
One of my best photos - so I might as well take the opportunity to post it! This was the 'Fight For the Fox' when Cameron tried to have a vote on making hunting lawful again. And then, when it became clear that he was going to lose the vote - he pulled the debate on the morning it was going to happen. A clear indication of his running away from difficulty habit that so clearly later manifested itself the day after losing the Brexit vote.

View attachment 170810
Whilst we're posting pictures, as good as your shot is Bodian, I think my one just trumps it as there's anti Tory signs in the image :D
whitehall 1.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
But that's not your picture is it ? It's the one copyrighted here

https://www.alamy.com/young-people-...nment-whitehall-london-uk-image214331229.html

and not for redistribution, unless you've paid the copyright ?
Firstly, I am the copyright holder, and secondly and more importantly thank you for a) being aware of copyright rules and b) also in turn for for trying to protect my copyright. I am genuinley impressed Watford

The image can be seen here on my webpage

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Do you feel that you’re missing out as you can’t ’tug your forelock’ to the Lord of the manner.
Do you feel you are missing out with your lack of understanding of the English language?
To help you.
Manner "a way in which a thing is done or happens".
Manor "a large country house with lands".

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
When their arrogant and cruel actions have brought hardship and misery to many decent hardworking people it’s no surprise there’s such venom.
But do you understand or even feel any venom for Blair lying about weapons in Iraq?
Both were terribly wrong and Blair the "nice guy" has earned millions since then the *****.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But do you understand or even feel any venom for Blair lying about weapons in Iraq?
Both were terribly wrong and Blair the "nice guy" has earned millions since then the *****.
Nice whataboutery.

I didn’t agree with the weapons in Iraq lies and also student fees for that matter. But to equate this to the wholesale, widespread and systematic lies, corruption, abuse of power, provocation and just plain meanness of the past few Tory years is nonsense.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Do you feel you are missing out with your lack of understanding of the English language?
To help you.
Manner "a way in which a thing is done or happens".
Manor "a large country house with lands".
What can I say … a typo. How’s the forelock?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nice whataboutery.

I didn’t agree with the weapons in Iraq lies and also student fees for that matter. But to equate this to the wholesale, widespread and systematic lies, corruption, abuse of power, provocation and just plain meanness of the past few Tory years is nonsense.
I have seen so many posts from you about all sorts of subjects and have come to the conclusion that you must be an arrogant person who is the leading authority on everything including pretentious beer and wine tastes.
Think I have read enough of your posts so will ignore your s***e in future.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe the Southdown and Eridge Hunt can have their little meet elsewhere this Boxing Day…..Southdowns in the middle of a field or even Eridge. :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have seen so many posts from you about all sorts of subjects and have come to the conclusion that you must be an arrogant person who is the leading authority on everything including pretentious beer and wine tastes.
Think I have read enough of your posts so will ignore your s***e in future.
I provided a reasonable explanation, you provide this. Why can’t you provide a sensible response to my post? Do you have one?

PS when have I ever claimed to be an authority on wine? I have always said the opposite if anything.
PPS a leading authority on everything including alcohol to, er, more alcohol ……now that’s a very broad list isn’t it? :thumbsup:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Somewhat disputed, but it's tradition innit :shrug:

During the Burns Inquiry, which ultimately led to the Hunting Act, the Countryside Alliance admitted that hunts would ‘remove’ 3000 foxhounds, or an average of 16 hounds per pack, before the 2000/01 hunting season. It also said that the number for other types of hunts would be proportionally similar. And that hunts would kill about 10% of this number of hound pups.

Looking at how many are killed, POWA’s calculations suggested between 4942 and 7302 foxhounds killed per year across 195 packs, with approximately 3250 to 4500 of those in English and Welsh hunts. These approximate to 15% of hounds killed per pack. For one specific example, Hunting Leaks’s 2020 documents from the Mendip Farmers Hunt describe the hunt having killed 6.5 couple, or 13 hounds, between April and June of that year. This translates to roughly 16%.

https://protectthewild.org.uk/wildl...what-happens-to-hounds-from-previous-seasons/
This is the issue. Let’s stick with it.

And this - Peers renowned in fox-hunting circles, stalling and filibustering out a Bill that would ban imports of trophy hunting into the UK - Anyone who thinks this isn’t the landed gentry of the UK protecting their private and commercial interests in hunting should think again:

“The core group of filibusters represent the UK hunting fraternity. Chief among them and the de facto leader of those opposed to the Bill is Lord Mancroft who resisted the fox hunting legislation a few years ago. While most are not trophy hunters themselves they do represent the overall industry. Also it is no secret there is a lot of funding from the hunting industry. The pro-hunting Peers have been actively lobbied especially from ‘scientists’ with known financial affiliations with the hunting industry.”

Many of these Peers in the HoL own vast Grouse-shooting estates shored up by millions of pounds from British taxpayers or private land upon which they make money from hunting. The majority of Peers traditionally vote against the abolition of hunting with dogs or the ban of trail hunting and carry out illegal hunting on privates estates where it is difficult to get access.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here