Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The South Bank, Molineux - the end that held 30,000

Jan 30, 2008
Me too! There for the 0-0 in 1977 that is. Nearly 49,000 turned up for a Division 2 game. I remember Barry Daines, the Spurs goalie making two superb saves to deny us the win. Cracking day out. Can’t say the Spurs fans were exactly friendly towards us, and they certainly made their feelings known in the return fixture at the Goldstone towards the end of the season.
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...h-spurs//RK=2/RS=HIptOquzNC7b7eMRBSZ22G6zDQM-
regards
DR

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Me too! There for the 0-0 in 1977 that is. Nearly 49,000 turned up for a Division 2 game. I remember Barry Daines, the Spurs goalie making two superb saves to deny us the win. Cracking day out. Can’t say the Spurs fans were exactly friendly towards us, and they certainly made their feelings known in the return fixture at the Goldstone towards the end of the season.

up at Oldham the following week,their fans weren't too friendly either

amazing memories,I think it was the first time I thought Brighton had made the big time

playing at WHL against Spurs,holding our own and not losing

yeah,that game at the Goldstone,aggro aside,a great 3-1 win

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Wolves making a serious statement. "The NEW planned redevelopment plans for Molineux Stadium as announced tonight at the End of Season Awards. The first two images showing the exterior and interior with a 10,000 single tier capacity South Bank. The last photo showing Molineux as it currently looks. Work to start at the end of 2019-20 season, but Wolves will be the first Premier League club to fit the new ‘Barrier Seating’ in the South Bank before the start of next season. "

eEY7ca1.jpg

hHEdg7Q.jpg

7LaPErC.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wolves making a serious statement. "The NEW planned redevelopment plans for Molineux Stadium as announced tonight at the End of Season Awards. The first two images showing the exterior and interior with a 10,000 single tier capacity South Bank. The last photo showing Molineux as it currently looks. Work to start at the end of 2019-20 season, but Wolves will be the first Premier League club to fit the new ‘Barrier Seating’ in the South Bank before the start of next season. "

eEY7ca1.jpg

When I see that, it makes me think of this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-04-01-06-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-04-01-06-37.png
    967.4 KB · Views: 270

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Not sure where you copied that quote from; Tottenham, of course, have installed barrier seating in their new stadium. The article on the Wolves website - Wolves to install barrier seating this summer - clarifies that:-

Wolves are set to become the first Premier League club to install seats incorporating barriers in an existing stadium.
“Of course, Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium was built with a similar solution already installed, but Wolves will become the first club to install rail seating in an existing stadium, and I think that is something we should be very proud of.”

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

eEY7ca1.jpg

hHEdg7Q.jpg

7LaPErC.jpg

I know the plans were on hold for a while. Good to see them pressing ahead. I think they will be the next challenger to join the 'elite' clubs.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
How the **** are they gonna get that many people in there? Every time I go up the place is deserted.

I guess the purchase of the remaining Portuguese national team will bring in the numbers.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
There's something very endearing about these crappy old stadiums isn't there. Memories of a time when it was cheap and accessible to go and people just went for the footy, a laugh and maybe a bit of a ruck. The top couple of tiers have definitely lost something making the match day 'experience' way too sanitized.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What will the capacity be?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wolves is one of the only two grounds where I've watched an entire match from the away end. I had a girlfriend who was a Wolves supporter and watched us beat them 1-0 in 1984. We scored about five minutes from the end and I raised a rather muted cheer. It was a great stadium and quite an experience being in the wrong end.

The new plans look stunning. It will be good to see Wolves back in the elite - not least because we always seem to get points off them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here