Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The solution to your ticketing problems.......

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Talking to my sister-in-law yesterday and she said you pay £10 when you join the AMS and that's it!

Simple solution ... make it £10 a season. This will raise a few quid for the club and potentially take out of the equation some of those that some of you feel are less deserving of a ticket.

However, I still reckon season ticket holders + AMS members will be more than your allocation.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
SussexHoop said:
Talking to my sister-in-law yesterday and she said you pay £10 when you join the AMS and that's it!

Simple solution ... make it £10 a season. This will raise a few quid for the club and potentially take out of the equation some of those that some of you feel are less deserving of a ticket.

However, I still reckon season ticket holders + AMS members will be more than your allocation.
AMS is about 30,000 (ish) members as every tom dick and harrys got it due to it be needed to get a ticket for the millenium stadium

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A good idea I think yes.

I would not begrudge paying £10 a year.

Still going to be problems though.

I noticed in the spurs programme that each game had a points value attributed to it and that they looked at an individual's points when allocating away tickets etc.

Would seem a good idea and as points are also allocated for home games it would mean you didnt have to favour season ticket holders because they would naturally already have a lot of points, as would regular away members.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Re: Re: The solution to your ticketing problems.......

Braders7 said:
AMS is about 30,000 (ish) members as every tom dick and harrys got it due to it be needed to get a ticket for the millenium stadium

How many times do we have to do this?

No, it wasn't. Anyone could get a Playoff final ticket.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Re: Re: Re: The solution to your ticketing problems.......

Bozza said:

its a good idea as £10 a year is extra cash to help the club! but yea bozza's right anyone could go to the play off final, didnt require AMS.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
The AMS was if I remember correctly brought in to counteract the hooligan problem that was ``rearing its ugly head``a few seasons back.It was never a thought out process or procedure to ensure the fair and just allocation of away tickets. If we average 1500 at away games I bet 1100 to 1200 are season ticket holders so if they were given priority I can see no worries on giving them priority.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Re: Re: Re: The solution to your ticketing problems.......

Bozza said:

i apologise :)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Anyone could get tickets for the Play Off final BUT we had to fill out a form with our name, address and email contact details which is valuable information for the club.

Anyway people would've complained about joining the AMS just for the Play-Off Final. How many of those 30,000 have been to a game since?

I think we found the solution to our ticketing problems at WHL ...

1. Elimination from the Cup

2. Discovering how to play superb football, thereby ensuring that the Rotherham game will be meaningless.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lord Bracknell said:
I think we found the solution to our ticketing problems at WHL ...

2. Discovering how to play superb football, thereby ensuring that the Rotherham game will be meaningless.

But then we will all want to go for a party, just like we all did at port fail :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here