Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The single COOLEST tracksuit top in the GALAXY...ever.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Been drawn in now....Boba is clearly the coolest (while Lando the traitorous bastard is 2nd), but he's not the BEST though.

Salacious Crumb is the BEST. How's that for GEEK credentials?

Salacious_Crumb_(DB).jpg

When I got the Jabba the Hut toy, he was missing so my old dear took it back to Gamley's and complained. They couldn't replace it so I got a normal Yoda figure instead as that was "nearly the same". :facepalm:
Anyway that was weeks ago, so I've got over it now.

jah2.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When I got the Jabba the Hut toy, he was missing so my old dear took it back to Gamley's and complained. They couldn't replace it so I got a normal Yoda figure instead as that was "nearly the same". :facepalm:
Anyway that was weeks ago, so I've got over it now.

jah2.jpg

Haha that's a fantastic story! Thanks for sharing with the class.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I got my Jabba set from a car boot sale and it had all the bits! Also picked up the Ewok village and the Hoth trench as well. Great day. I liked the little rats and that on the floor of the trapdoor covered pit.

The bit about Yoda being "nearly the same" just made me chuckle.

One of my brother's friends gave me a tesco bag full of figures once when he didn't want them anymore. As a nipper into Star Wars, days don't get much better.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That tracksuit top is sick, If i had it i'd wear it to death. Been tempted by the Star Wars football shirts they do too, Think i saw them on Subside.
Me & the missus are planning a trip to NYC next year so i'll have to check that Adidas shop.

And, Boba Fett is the coolest Star Wars character FACT! :thumbsup:

Warning this post contains uber geekery.

Jango Fett is the coolest Star Wars character FACT. Boba is only his clone as are all the clone army (later to be Storm Troopers).

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Warning this post contains uber geekery.

Jango Fett is the coolest Star Wars character FACT. Boba is only his clone as are all the clone army (later to be Storm Troopers).

True, but Boba has the tortured soul of someone who saw his dad killed before his very eyes.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1690060_the_green_cross_code_man_0_721.jpg

He came to my infant school (Queens Park) in 1978 (ish) to show us how to cross the road~ the Green Cross Code Man~he was also the 'actor' who played what is quite clearly the best character in Star Wars......Darth Vader.

The coolest character in Star Wars has got to be Han Solo.

Princess funny hair: "I love you"
Han Solo: " I know"

The above infomation is Factual.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The coolest Star Wars character is clearly Ric Olié, having been played by Albion fan Ralph Brown. You could even get a Ric Olié toy figure - how cool is that?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The coolest Star Wars character is clearly Ric Olié, having been played by Albion fan Ralph Brown. You could even get a Ric Olié toy figure - how cool is that?

I kept an eye out for a small BHA badge on his Naboo royal security uniform. I reckon Lucas CGI'd it out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I nearly bought a Sergio Tacchini tracky top the other day Richie, just for old time sake. I imagine you have several.

Are they any good nowadays?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I nearly bought a Sergio Tacchini tracky top the other day Richie, just for old time sake. I imagine you have several.

Are they any good nowadays?

I do indeed. I like them. You can get some nice smart ones. I would tend to lean towards the retro looking ones rather than the modern ones which seem to have been adopted by the chavs.

I always think, particularly for football, you can't really go wrong with a pair of jeans and a nice tracksuit top.

That said, I have put on a few pounds round the old tummy and some of my tops are a little 'snug' shall we say....

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
They have a load of Adidas Star Wars stuff upstairs at the Adidas Shop in Oxford Street, cant remember if that one was there but the matching Boba Fett football shirt was there and they had a stormtrooper track top which looked very similar.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
That top is just as cool as my black sweatshirt that i stitched Public Enemy and Run DMC patches on back in 1987, the patches bought from a place on the Pier. It had as much unsubtle advertising on it as a modern-day snooker waistcoat. I was a very sorry and slightly lonely 12 year old.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I do indeed. I like them. You can get some nice smart ones. I would tend to lean towards the retro looking ones rather than the modern ones which seem to have been adopted by the chavs.

I always think, particularly for football, you can't really go wrong with a pair of jeans and a nice tracksuit top.

That said, I have put on a few pounds round the old tummy and some of my tops are a little 'snug' shall we say....

I - and a few others, no doubt - would definitely be interested in seeing your track top collection, as well as your trainers! Get some pics up here!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well I like it Morris, good shout that!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love vintage / retro tracksuit tops. Nothing wrong with that. I also have a penchant for Adidas trainers.

Still, I suppose I should start shopping in Next and Burtons like the majority of identikit Brighton fans...

I think it's Hollister these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here