The silliest insult someone has given you?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am what is politely referred to as follicley challenged. I went to a client meeting with a company I was working for once and on being introduced to one of the client's senior managers, who I had never met before, he looked at me and went "alright Kojak". I wasn't bothered, I've been called much worse, but what was irritating was that he was a dead ringer for a smurf. As he was the client I had to keep Schtum 😞
Perhaps he was taking amiodarone for his ticker

1715279382886.png

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I had no idea spaz was an insult in 1971?! 80/81 was my reception year at school, so I put it down solely to Joey Deacon’s fame.

Although Wikipedia does seem to indicate its use as an insult increased significantly in the early 80s thanks to Blue Peter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spastic_(word)#:~:text=Some%20of%20these%20associations%20use,'%20is%20'spaz'.%22
I believe you're mixing up spaz and joey? Joey deffo came about from Blue Peter/Joey Deacon.
Joey and flid were the main insults knocking about when I was in lower school in the early 80s.
Eek!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
“Hey there, Mr Liberal …. ” …. sent by NSC pm from an Alt Right bod, angered by my posts against one of his heroes.

Instead of feeling intimidated, I couldn’t stop laughing.
I've only had one nasty PM. It was when I'd idly mused (and that's all it was, idle musing) that a new NSC member had certain typing idiosyncrasies reminiscent of a certain Mr Bush.

You can guess the rest :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I believe you're mixing up spaz and joey? Joey deffo came about from Blue Peter/Joey Deacon.
Joey and flid were the main insults knocking about when I was in lower school in the early 80s.
Eek!
Flid was around in the late 70s. One of my flatmates occasionally used it, the silly old poof.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I got called a paedo when I was in infant school.

* That’s in infant school. Not in AN infant school. For clarity.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Flid was around in the late 70s. One of my flatmates occasionally used it, the silly old poof.
Ignore me if I’m stating the obvious here but is everyone aware of this ‘flid’ origin?

Indeed it was a common insult in the 70s as the babies that were born in this country with birth defects (invariably short limbs) were born c1959-1962. The cause was an anti morning sickness drug called Thalidamoid.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Eek!
Spaz was around before ‘Joey’ for sure (as was Flid)…….happy days 🫣

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ignore me if I’m stating the obvious here but is everyone aware of this ‘flid’ origin?

Indeed it was a common insult in the 70s as the babies that were born in this country with birth defects (invariably short limbs) were born c1959-1962. The cause was an anti morning sickness drug called Thalidamoid.
I suspect not.

And like most of the other schoolyard slurs, not remotely acceptable.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
And like most of the other schoolyard slurs, not remotely acceptable.
Indeed, but we digress, this was a thread about silliest [harmless] insults.
Growing up in the 70s I recall anyone with any sort of handicap or disability just being seen as fair game for vile abuse and ridicule.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed, but we digress, this was a thread about silliest [harmless] insults.
Growing up in the 70s I recall anyone with any sort of handicap or disability just being seen as fair game for vile abuse and ridicule.
Children are cruel. They have to be trained out of it. Or else they grow up to be twats.

Edit: sorry for the digression. It wasn't me who introduced the F word, I should note.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Very popular as school was ' Benny ' or for extra emphasis you could declare someone to be ' many Benny '.
Or if you were going the extra mile (in my school playground) you would go up to someone and say:
"Are you a BENNY tied to a tree ?"
To which the not unreasonable answer would be "No"
Which would result in the response - "BENNY ON THE LOOSE! BENNY ON THE LOOSE!"

In other news, after a bit of a Twitter gloat on my part following that game when we were 4-0 up vs Leeds at half time, a disgruntled Leeds fan clocked my avatar pic and described me as "a paedo version of Paul Hollywood".

Going the other way, when I used to post on the BBS I once referred to one of their gimps as being a "catastrophic feltching cockspangle". They took umbrage and reported me, but I was quite pleased with that tbh.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Or if you were going the extra mile (in my school playground) you would go up to someone and say:
"Are you a BENNY tied to a tree ?"
To which the not unreasonable answer would be "No"
Which would result in the response - "BENNY ON THE LOOSE! BENNY ON THE LOOSE!"
Cheers (!) now I’m reliving that nightmare, as soon as you were asked about your “Benny status” you were done, it was checkmate, no way out. I just cut my losses and admitted to being a Benny tied to a tree, I found the ordeal was over quicker that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports