Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The silence is deafening

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I've never been a big big fan of Gus's, but I am beginning to wonder if Barber is the problem. I haven't yet warmed to the guy and certainly question his handling of this whole affair. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for right now, but if this has damaged the club long term then he will have a lot to answer for. Let's see what happens.

You obviously know more than I do!

If you are questioning Barber's handling of the affair, you must know what his involvement in it is. Could you enlighten us, please?

And as you don't question Tony Bloom's involvement presumably he has nothing to do with it ...?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Page 1, right hand side...

http://www.sussexbusinessclubs.com/newsletters/March2013.pdf

y9uzene2.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is ironic that in a week when fans were desperate for answers the only public announcements made by Barber and Gus were on MOTD and in a corporate speech.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Things aren't silent for me. I'm at work doing some overtime to cover my recently booked flights to Madrid to see my beloved against Getafe and the unnamed club. I am hopeful we'll have a manager by then. If not, i'll leap from the stands to offer my pass and move advice. Works Fantasy Football champion last year. Kebash!

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Barber was down the Grand yesterday (Friday) lunch-time for 2-3 hours doing a talk to businesses, thought he would have been more involved in talks Albion.

Maybe Gus and his team asked that Mr Barber not be present during the negotiations! Maybe they think that he is not trustworthy, seeing as how a new manager is lined up to replace him and Gus knows this as OGJ agent is the same as a certain Mr Suarez!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Remember that TB calls the shots at the club.....

I'm not saying to slag TB off as I actually trust him, but what Barber does must go through TB first !!

The anti-Barber hate on NSC is truly pathetic now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
..., it's no coincidence that's he's had about 5 jobs in last few years and I beginning to wonder.

FA for 3 years, Spurs for 5 years, Vancouver for 2 and now us. hardly a fly by night merchant and wheres the 5th job?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I do find it interesting that PB was at a lunch club yesterday. Obviously it will have been organised weeks in advance, so, a prior commitment that would have been tricky to pull out of at short notice. Does anyone know if he actually attended the lunch club?

I guess that GP reports directly into PB; though it may be Burke? Anyone know? It would be odd for a disciplinary meeting to proceed when an employee's direct line manager wasn't physically present.

Of course, the first meeting was arranged for Monday (or the previous Thursday or Friday if rumours are to be believed), so it's quite possible that PB only knew there would be a clash between GP's disciplinary hearing and his lunch club thing as late as Thurs evening when it became clear that they weren't going to get it all sorted out during Thursday's meeting.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Do we know if Barber was even at that talk yesterday? The flyer was from March, well before all this Poyet stuff kicked off and on a date in the close season so can't see a problem.

If I were Barber I'd want to be at the disciplinary hearing, either officiating or observing. Failing that he may be a witness or has a conflict of interest so may be on the side lines.

If he wasn't at any of the above maybe I would like to think he would be in Spain or Israel on Albion business?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Remember that TB calls the shots at the club.....

I'm not saying to slag TB off as I actually trust him, but what Barber does must go through TB first !!

The anti-Barber hate on NSC is truly pathetic now.

As has been pointed out, tony employed barber to do a job, if he is running everything past bloom, there's no point in him being there. I'm not saying the barber hate is justified, but that he does make decisions, that's what his job entails.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Rose bowl plc - owners of Hampshire cricket club
Oh, and Barclays Bank

Barclays is pre-football (so over ten years ago) and Hampshire CC was non-exec. he also had senior roles at half a dozen other top companies. point is your facts are wrong and the insinuation he's been moved on by organisations doesnt hold.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
FFS, why is barber dragging this out? How can he prance around at some business speech thing, but he can't be at the Amex sorting out this mess. Oh, wait, are we allowed to criticise people other than gus for having a life outside the Albion?

no you are not allowed to do this now:shutup: or I will take you out into the light and out of the shite and away from your other mushroom friends:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here