In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
nativitycm1.png

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Made me chuckle. Now, do I re-title it "The Liverpool Nativity" and send it to my boss based in our Warrington office, who was brought up in Liverpool?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
croydon council tried to put up a public nativity scene.

but they couldn't find a virgin or three wise men.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
croydon council tried to put up a public nativity scene.

but they couldn't find a virgin or three wise men.
At least we have had the odd star over the years

Andy Johnson, Ian Wright , Mark Bright, Attilio Lombardo, Clinton Morrison, Shall I continue? :bigwave:

You can always lend us one of your Donkey's :laugh::laugh:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
At least we have had the odd star over the years

Andy Johnson, Ian Wright , Mark Bright, Attilio Lombardo, Clinton Morrison, Shall I continue? :bigwave:

I hesitate to ask, but you are being ironic when you include Morrison in that lot, right?

PS anyone who worshipped Geoff Thomas for however many years has NO right to label other players donkeys

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I hesitate to ask, but you are being ironic when you include Morrison in that lot, right?

PS anyone who worshipped Geoff Thomas for however many years has NO right to label other players donkeys
Clinton has been a Palace Player for quite a while over two spells mind you and is one of our highest goal scorers so he has a right to be included. Geoff was a great player but one unfortunate shoot for England does not make him a Donkey.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Clinton has been a Palace Player for quite a while over two spells mind you and is one of our highest goal scorers so he has a right to be included. Geoff was a great player but one unfortunate shoot for England does not make him a Donkey.

One unfortunate (??) shot for England doesn't, you're right, but the rest of his career as a one-paced, one-dimensional midfield hoofer does.

I accept that he played for England, but sorry to say it, Palace fans, that reflects more on the rest of the available players at the time than Geoff's wizardry on the ball. Look who else got a game during that era: Carlton Palmer, Andy Sinton, David Bardsley, FFS, didn't Andy Gray (the Palace version) get in once??

Maybe a Palace legend, but the rest of football doesn't quite hold him in the same reverence. Nice bloke though, I'm sure, and I hope he's fit & well again.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps I'm being unkind, but what the hell, let's all watch that clip of Thomas playing for England again. He's about half way through, but the rest of the clips on here are worth watching anyway.

Cue Geoff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWwkvALBuUs

paulie

Jul 27, 2004

Clinton has scored 100 goals for us and been a great servant. 100 goals in the 2nd tier of English football, not against piss-poor teams a la Zamora.

Thomas was immense for Palace, a great club player although not an England player. Thomas and Gray formed the engine room for our side that came 3rd in the league in 90/91. That's third in the top flight, above Man U, Leeds (champions the year after), Spurs etc etc.

It's a shame that you were already in decline then and that Palace side could have played Brighton, although Thorn, john Humphries and Martyn were the only real changes from the 'five pens' side.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Clinton has scored 100 goals for us and been a great servant. 100 goals in the 2nd tier of English football, not against piss-poor teams a la Zamora.
I sincerely hope you are not attempting to suggest Clinton O'Morrison is better than Zamora.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill

The same Clinton that actually left you,pissed it up,came back crying and was welcomed back like a hero? Doesn't sound like a 'servant' at all!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I had no idea Morrison was that highly rated by Palace fans, certainly didn't think he was held in the same regard as the likes of Ian Wright or Andy Johnson.

In my mind, he's a fairly average Championship level striker, no more, no less. Never done much for Ireland, nor has he been able to consistently make an impact in the Premier League.

Not dissimilar to Zamora, when you think about it. Except that Zamora is still in the Premier League. For now at least.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I had no idea Morrison was that highly rated by Palace fans, certainly didn't think he was held in the same regard as the likes of Ian Wright or Andy Johnson.

In my mind, he's a fairly average Championship level striker, no more, no less. Never done much for Ireland, nor has he been able to consistently make an impact in the Premier League.

Not dissimilar to Zamora, when you think about it. Except that Zamora is still in the Premier League. For now at least.

About right I'd say - being serious I think that Zamora has made a better fist of playing in the Prem. Clint has scored 100 goals in the 2nd tier so he's not bad.

Thomas was a seriously good player for us. Box to box and scored more than a few. A poor man's Platt but a good player in his day. And a very courageous bloke.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fair enough, I just think he's one of those players that those outside the club he played for will always judge more harshly.

Thomas was and still is considered symbolic of an appalling era for England (ironic, when you consider the current shambles) by anyone who didn't go to Selhurst each week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here