Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Second Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Lords

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anderson has already shown that he can rip through the Aussies fairly quickly. If he does it today they probably won't make 300.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Typical Watson. Bash it everywhere and then out in the clearest possible fashion. How that guy opens in Test cricket is beyond me. I can't quite decide whether the biggest joke is Watson opening or Steve Smith, a man with absolutely no technique, batting at six.

Thinking this earlier when he played a couple of cracking drives for 4,then just waiting for the inevitable.To be fair he does normally get in the 40s which isn't bad I suppose.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:lolol:

Watson's gone in at lunch and got an earful for using the DRS, Rogers then gets out to a ball missing the stumps but doesn't review. Oh they really are getting their DRS use together aren't they!!?? :tosser:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Shane Watson has got to take a lot of the blame for that last dismissal. No side wants to use up their last review so early in the innings. You need one kept back for when people know they've got an inside edge, etc. Rogers couldn't use the last review, without being sure he wasn't out, and ought not to have been in that position but for Watson spunking away the first one.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Would be great if SNICKO say No!

Pity... but definitely not conclusive when the decision was made, so hopefully the Aussies will be mewling and puking about it. :laugh:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They're easily going to exceed 300........*snigger*

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This calls for Broad to get a controversial wicket that they can't review

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports