Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The season so far - "I was wrong about..."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Albion:

Wrong about Mooy - thought he was a complete waste of time. He's actually looked quite decent. Such a shame (like Pascal G) that he's not a bit quicker.
Wrong about Alzate - thought he needed a Championship loan - he absolutely doesn't (conversely I WAS keen that we throw Connolly in)
Wrong about Burn - thought he'd be SHIT. He is a bit limited in some respects, but a much better footballer than I gave him credit for. He's good fun to watch.
Wrong about Jahanbaksh, Schelotto and Balogun - in that they are still Brighton players.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wrong about Webbster. Thought he was going to be a great signing. So far he has been shit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Besides not getting slaughtered at Anfield and blowing the GD away what did we accomplish there? Another zero in points. We haven't turned any corners (not the ones on the pitch) in being successful. We are hiding in place.
How would you assess Liverpool's last two victories?

More importantly which of the two defeated teams is in a better position going forward, now that game is 'out of the way'?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How would you assess Liverpool's last two victories?

More importantly which of the two defeated teams is in a better position going forward, now that game is 'out of the way'?

Don’t look back, never look back. After their result against Leicester who saw Saints recovering so well?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I thought I'd grow to accept VAR as being a necessary evil - how wrong I was. It has completely spoilt the 'live' matchday experience for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anything you want to add [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]? :lol: :kiss:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anything you want to add [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]? :lol: :kiss:

Dear Santa,

All I wanted for Christmas was an attacking football team. I previously thought it wasn't the previous manager holding us back, but a mixture of confidence, talent and ability coupled with pragmatism delivering what we could reasonably expect.

I now realise that in your time off in the Summer, you sprinkled some magic dust on the powers that be at Brighton, and secretly you picked up an ordinary guy from Solihull, working hard in Swansea, and sleigh rode him into our seaside paradise, the rest of the world not realising that the plain looking Brummie was in fact a 21st Century footballing Issac Newton.

I just wanted to say thank you for the early Christmas present Santa. It is already feeling like the best present ever!

Yours

Bold.
x

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ok, time to hold my hand up. When we signed Mooy, I was underwhelmed to say the least and pretty m-eh about it.

I was wrong.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Don’t look back, never look back. After their result against Leicester who saw Saints recovering so well?

Anyone who looked at the fixture list. They needed an incorrect VAR decision to get one of two narrow wins at home to two sides as bad as they are and they played away to a dismal Arsenal. They're far from a recovery IMHO.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who looked at the fixture list. They needed an incorrect VAR decision to get one of two narrow wins at home to two sides as bad as they are and they played away to a dismal Arsenal. They're far from a recovery IMHO.

Hope you’re right it was an uncomfortable feeling looking at the table on Weds evening

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hope you’re right it was an uncomfortable feeling looking at the table on Weds evening
Saints have just got 6 points in the last 2 games from 2 home wins against Watford and Norwich.

No need to award them the title just yet [emoji38]ol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Saints have just got 6 points in the last 2 games from 2 home wins against Watford and Norwich.

No need to award them the title just yet [emoji38]ol:

My only response is Saints, Bournemouth and Cardiff at home last season. Points win prizes :smile:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My only response is Saints, Bournemouth and Cardiff at home last season. Points win prizes [emoji2]
Indeed. Beat Wolves, Palace, Sheff Utd and Bournemouth and we will have 30 points after playing everyone once ( I ignore the out of sequence Spurs game before Bournemouth ).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jordan Asshole

Seemingly I can add palace's goal machine to my ever increasing list.

I owe someone on here a, specific, apology for mocking their faith in Mr Ayew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here