Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The scary thing about our MONSTROUS thrashing of Blackpool...

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
Just before it started I said to my good friend Jim in the West that today we will see what a good player Ulloa really is.

However we did not really miss Ulloa. Barnes had an excellent game. His hold-up control was excellent, he won the ball and retained possession, he was not throwing himself around, his movement was good, and he scored a couple. Well played to the bloke.

thought he was great yesterday. His touch and control was really good. he was in the limelight and rose to it, really impressive,

el punal

I've had that shirt for two years, with pride. Yes, I cheated with the Mackail-Smith shirt and for one game, the Dobbie (He scored!) shirt...

Yesterday it was ALL about Barnes. And his mate in front of us giving it the wanker sign when he scored, and storming off in anger when he was (rightly) named man if the match.

And he's an Albion fan? :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's weird but the results we're getting at the moment suggest the THREAT of Vicente is actually more potent than actually needing to PLAY him. Bit like having a nuclear weapon you point to occasionally to keep the enemy worried.

Ha, yes. But what a potent weapon to use if we do actually need him.

The write up in the Sunday paper said that Poyet used it to good effect for the starting line up. He pointed to the bench and told the team that they had 45 minutes to impress as he had that firepower on the bench.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
And he's an Albion fan? :shrug:

Yes, unquestionably he is and I have a lot of respect for him mostly. But his hatred of Barnes is misguided and has now become excessive. Admittedly, all of us around him wind him up chronically... but even so, his anger at the positive performance of our young striker was disappointing in the extreme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here