[Finance] ******** The Scam Thread *********

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Got a text today from 'HMRC' informing me that they owed me a rebate from last year and wanted my details.
Obviously a scam as Tax Office only inform you by letter so I deleted it.
This has happened every January for the past three years since I packed up work.
Feck Off

:)

Keeping it retro there Simmo :lol:

Jul 7, 2003
Getting loads of the automated calls at the moment about my BT Internet connection (that I don't have). I prefer the personal scammers as you can have a bit of fun with them (and I've got the air horn app on my phone now if they get abusive) but the automated ones are just annoying.

Anyone that comes with a UK phone number, I am reporting through the BT website to get them blocked.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
4 calls to landline claiming to be from BT. Number not shown and always voice automated.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20210125-142822_Messages.jpg

Received another dodgy text today.
Now blocked and reported.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Yes, thanks, I realised that as soon as I posted it. How do I remove the picture? Please.

I've noticed from experience that even if you try and remove a picture via the editing option within the permitted editing time frame the original picture does not disappear. Even if you replace it with another picture the original will always reappear beneath it. Not sure why this is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, thanks, I realised that as soon as I posted it. How do I remove the picture? Please.

I don't think you can. Ask a mod for help.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I had a strange call the other day from a 'UK mobile'. Lady called me by my Christian name which I thought was my Doctors or the Hospital as I was expecting a call. Then she asked me if I had a will or had thought of having one drawn up. Wasnt sure if it was a cheeky cold call or maybe a scammer who would eventually ask me about how much money I had. Still puzzled how she knew my name.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Heads up. My good lady wife received an email yesterday evening from NHS stating that she was to be offered a vaccination jab. She was expecting one in February given her vulnerability. It's a very convincing email and it's asking for lots of information. She started completing as she was rather distracted and joyful that she was finally being offered the jab. Just at the point where it was asking for bank details......She smelt a rat. She deleted the email but had completed lots of information in the previous steps.

Don't get sucked into this. A genuine email will offer you the time, date and location and not ask you to complete lots of information.

I feckin hate scammers :tosser:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Just received this email. It being sent from "big.momma.house@hotmail.co.uk" is very obviously a fake email.
Seems to be a very odd email to send out._20210127_131440.JPG

Attachments

• _20210127_130955.JPG
    _20210127_130955.JPG
    357.9 KB · Views: 152

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports