Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sad Demise Of The F A Cup...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yep, can't argue that some of the less interesting games (eg Burnley v Spurs, Hull v the Arse) have been moved unnecessarily.

When I said the BBC changing the early round games was good, that was because it gave an increased profile to clubs (Aldershot, Hartlepool, Weston Super Mare) that would never normally get on TV.

But nobody outside North London or Lancashire cares about Burnley or Spurs, so that's just an annoyance for their fans.

I can still get tickets and for a Spurs away game in a smaller ground that's pretty rare.

All the games should be on the sat and Sunday, much how sky/bt is hated by some the way they have games throughout the day should be followed by the fa, market it as the fa cup weekend and have games at 12/3/5/7:30 on the sat and Sunday and make the later games localish.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The FA are completely to blame for this.

Our game away to Burnley has been moved to Monday night.

It's not on tv, they just moved it which makes it impossible to get back to London after the game by train.

I would love for Spurs to win the FA cup, but the FA have made it further down the list of prioritys with clubs by scheduling

Why did Spurs not object to this change in kick off for the sake of their own fans? - surely they could have tried to have kept it as a weekend game that allowed their fans to travel by train to the match if they really where that bothered?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why did Spurs not object to this change in kick off for the sake of their own fans? - surely they could have tried to have kept it as a weekend game that allowed their fans to travel by train to the match if they really where that bothered?

They did. It was turned down.

I've just looked about, apparently it was moved because of a potential Accrington vs Man united game, madness considering Yeovil beat them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On the contrary, I'd be very pleased to see us go through. A win's a win, and it'll do the players (and Hughton) good to get a victory in his first game, especially following on from the performance at Fulham. I know what you're saying about distractions, but I don't think the season is so far advanced yet that we should turn down the lift that a little cup run might give everyone.

If we lose, it's no great drama, but if we win, it should keep the positive vibe going.

Totally this. A win to build on the Fulham momentum would be great. As for distractions Chris Hughton got Birmingham to 4th in the Championship in the season they were in the Europa League. With loan players departing and Sami's squad rotation surely none of the players at the club are too knackered for a cup run?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Speaking of the FA Cup, but slightly off topic, does anyone remember this bad boy of a board game?
pic1235618_md.jpg

I don't remember that. When was it, 70s ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Totally this. A win to build on the Fulham momentum would be great. As for distractions Chris Hughton got Birmingham to 4th in the Championship in the season they were in the Europa League. With loan players departing and Sami's squad rotation surely none of the players at the club are too knackered for a cup run?

I've never been fully convinced by the distraction argument.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I bloody love the FA Cup. Some of my favourite footballing memories from a neutral point of view have been made in the cup and some of the best Albion moments of recent years have come in the competition.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I can still get tickets and for a Spurs away game in a smaller ground that's pretty rare.

All the games should be on the sat and Sunday, much how sky/bt is hated by some the way they have games throughout the day should be followed by the fa, market it as the fa cup weekend and have games at 12/3/5/7:30 on the sat and Sunday and make the later games localish.

That's only because we got given another 1,000 tickets.

I am a bit pissed off we're taking such great support up there. The best way for people to start to notice that supporters are getting pissed off is by boycotting. Tottenham & Hull fans should've made a stand.

As for Lancs police giving the reason they didn't want Accrington United, Burnley Spurs on the same day is a joke. Accrington United Monday night (far less travelling), Burnley Spurs on the Sunday, or better still - Saturday. Although I wouldn't expect those overpaid c*nts to play twice in 3 days. Heaven forbid.

Like I said in another thread, it's pointless kick off changes that are hammering the nails into the FA Cup coffin.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That's only because we got given another 1,000 tickets.

I am a bit pissed off we're taking such great support up there. The best way for people to start to notice that supporters are getting pissed off is by boycotting. Tottenham & Hull fans should've made a stand.

As for Lancs police giving the reason they didn't want Accrington United, Burnley Spurs on the same day is a joke. Accrington United Monday night (far less travelling), Burnley Spurs on the Sunday, or better still - Saturday. Although I wouldn't expect those overpaid c*nts to play twice in 3 days. Heaven forbid.

Like I said in another thread, it's pointless kick off changes that are hammering the nails into the FA Cup coffin.

Also surely they should have made the decision after the game? It was only a couple of days away

After last night they deserve another day off....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Speaking of the FA Cup, but slightly off topic, does anyone remember this bad boy of a board game?
pic1235618_md.jpg

Yes!!!!! I had that.

It was FA Cup game followed by Totopoly!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Watching the Cardiff v Colchester game now the crowd looks around the 8k mark :eek:
8k might be a bit on the generous side. Colchester unlucky to be two down. Noone anonymous.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Anyone know when the 4th round draw is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here