Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The run-in 2012-2013

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
So with 13 games to go, IF our remaining games have the same result as the reverse fixtures from earlier in the season, we would get the following points :

Udders 3
Brizzle 3
Bolton 1
Barnserley 3
Palace 0 (!)
Forest 1
Charlton 1
Leicester 0
Boro 0
P'boro 3
Blackpool 1
Leeds 1
Wolves 1

That would give us 70 points in total

Would it be enough and if not where will the extra points come from?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
So with 13 games to go, IF our remaining games have the same result as the reverse fixtures from earlier in the season, we would get the following points :

Udders 3
Brizzle 3
Bolton 1
Barnserley 3
Palace 0 (!)
Forest 1
Charlton 1
Leicester 0
Boro 0
P'boro 3
Blackpool 1
Leeds 1
Wolves 1

That would give us 70 points in total

Would it be enough and if not where will the extra points come from?

We'll get three against Palace

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

This is my prediction

Udders 3 3

Brizzle 3. 3
Bolton 1 1
Barnserley 3 1
Palace 0 (!) 1
Forest 1 3
Charlton 1 3
Leicester 0 3
Boro 0 0
P'boro 3 3
Blackpool 1 3
Leeds 1 0
Wolves 1 1

That is 25 giving us 77 & that will definatly be enough.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else finding it all oddly low-key? Fantastic position to be in with a serious shout at the play-offs to the promised land. We should be going truly HEAD-MENTAL with feverish anticipation. But somehow in the olden days at Ye Withdean we seemed to get WAY more passionate at the prospect of promotion to the Championship. Or even a Great Escape. How does THAT work?

Oh, and does any statto out there have the stattish know-how to kick off a 'Teams That Can't Beat Us' thread? Used to love those little fellas. (the threads, that is, not the stattos, obviously)

Last edited:

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Anyone else finding it all oddly low-key? Fantastic position to be in with a serious shout at the play-offs to the promised land. We should be going truly HEAD-MENTAL with feverish anticipation. But somehow in the olden days at Ye Withdean we seemed to get WAY more passionate at the prospect of promotion to the Championship. Or even a Great Escape. How does THAT work?

Maybe be aren't confident because this league is so tight and no game is a 'given'. I really think if we can get 3 wins in the next 5 we will do it - with the palace game being one of the 3

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Our good run of form has come just at the right time :albion2:

Hopefully winning "ugly" is becoming a Gus mindset to try and get to the play-offs, and who knows what might happen there! :drink:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Our good run of form has come just at the right time :albion2:

Hopefully winning "ugly" is becoming a Gus mindset to try and get to the play-offs, and who knows what might happen there! :drink:

I have been saying that all week,not that my wife & 10 month old little girl give a shit.

It's a good habit to get into winning when you are not at your best but sooner or later you need to play well.
I have just realised that after tomorrow we have 5 home & 7 away.We really need a win tomorrow.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Oh, and does any statto out there have the stattish know-how to kick off a 'Teams That Can't Beat Us' thread? Used to love those little fellas. (the threads, that is, not the stattos, obviously)

Think it's partly because we were in this position last season. I'm much more confident this time round though. We're a comfortably better side.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We are by far a better team than we were last season.The reason we are not going HEAD MENTAL is because we were in the same position last season & we f****d it up.We are also 9 points behind our fiercest rivals who we believed were dead certs for relegation at the start of the season.
If we can maintain our position over the next 3 or 4 games then I think we will all start to believe that the dream is possible.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Yep Tom. Even started my own one season. Trouble is, it's too early. everyone, mathematically can at the moment. I will leave it to one of the serious statters this season like Acker.:thumbsup:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Udders 3

Bristol 3

Bolton 1

Barnsley 3

Palace 1

Forest 3

Charlton 3

Leicester 1

Boro 0

P'boro 3

Blackpool 1

Leeds 1

Wolves 3

Giving us 26 points from our remaining games and ending up on 78 points which should almost certainly leave you in the play-offs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Udders 3

Bristol 3

Bolton 1

Barnsley 3

Palace 1

Forest 3

Charlton 3

Leicester 1

Boro 0

P'boro 3

Blackpool 1

Leeds 1

Wolves 3

Giving us 26 points from our remaining games and ending up on 78 points which should almost certainly leave you in the play-offs.

Only one defeat between now and the end of the season? That's incredibly optimistic. This is my prediction:

Udders 3
Bristol 3
Bolton 0
Barnsley 1
Palace 3
Forest 0
Charlton 3
Leicester 1
Boro 0
P'boro 3
Blackpool 1
Leeds 1
Wolves 3

Total: 74. Should be just about enough.

To reach the play-offs, all we have to do is be better than Middlesbrough, Nottingham Forest and Leeds United during the run-in. Predicting our final points tally is irrelevant. Predicting Middlesbrough's final points might be more worthwhile.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
A pessimistic view gives us 72 pts and just sneak a play off place

Win
Hudd H
Charlton H
Blackpool H
Wolves H
Barnsley A
P Boro A

Draw
Bristol A
Leeds A

Lose
Bolton A
Palace H
Forest A
Leicester H
Boro A

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Weren't we in the same position at a later point in the season last year? This might explain why people are cautious about out prospects, were only a few bad results from being out if it again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Probably because it doesn't look, at the moment with current results for other teams, that we can improve on 6th? We can be caught far more easily than we can overhaul the clubs above us. Games in hand mean jack shit until we get the points.

We also have problems winning games comfortably, it seems that every game ends up with nail baiting tension. Be good to win a couple of games with something to spare, maybe we would get more excited then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here