Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The Royal Oak Lewes

RoyalOakLewes

Mar 12, 2023
Hi!

We've been given permission to say hello from The Royal Oak in Lewes. In late January we took over and we have focused on Sports! The Oak already had good support from The Albion and away fans but now we would like to welcome you even more!

The pub now boasts 3 screens in our main bar, projector and large tv screen in our top bar and tvs being placed outside in our garden very soon! We show all major sporting events all the time. Our top room bar will be open every weekend game and sometimes on midweek games depending on fixture.

We also now do food, with a dedicated sports menu on match days, consisting of breakfast baps, burgers, hotdogs, chips and much more.

We will be open from 10am tomorrow for the Wolves game, come say hi!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hi!

We've been given permission to say hello from The Royal Oak in Lewes. In late January we took over and we have focused on Sports! The Oak already had good support from The Albion and away fans but now we would like to welcome you even more!

The pub now boasts 3 screens in our main bar, projector and large tv screen in our top bar and tvs being placed outside in our garden very soon! We show all major sporting events all the time. Our top room bar will be open every weekend game and sometimes on midweek games depending on fixture.

We also now do food, with a dedicated sports menu on match days, consisting of breakfast baps, burgers, hotdogs, chips and much more.

Fair play and good luck in these difficult times. What lagers do you have on tap?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hi!

It was one of the worst pubs in Lewes, so hopefully you can turn it round!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thank you!

On tap we have

Amstel
Moretti
Level Head
Neck Oil
Guinness
Inches Cider

Then on cask

Harveys Best always
3 rotating Guest Ales
Lots of Non Alc Options including non Alc Guinness too
Lovely stuff, I’ll pop by tomorrow probably. Good luck with everything. First sign of bother though and I’m out of there, you are probably aware it was being run into the ground in the last few years :lol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Then on cask

Harveys Best always
3 rotating Guest Ales
Lots of Non Alc Options including non Alc Guinness too
Appreciate they are rotating but what do they tend to rotate with? Generic mass produce stuff like Doom Bar, Green King IPA you can get in any pub or exciting things that are a bit more difficult to find (especially in Lewes)?

RoyalOakLewes

Mar 12, 2023
Appreciate they are rotating but what do they tend to rotate with? Generic mass produce stuff like Doom Bar, Green King IPA you can get in any pub or exciting things that are a bit more difficult to find (especially in Lewes)?
Yes all local to the South, small independent breweries. Currently we have

Three Acre Blood Orange Pale
Gun Brewery Milk Stout
Cellarhead Fireside

But these could already have rotated by tomorrow but gives you an idea.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Hi!

Good luck, have popped in from time to time on matchdays, will do so more regularly, that Blood Orange Pale sounds right up my street !!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yes all local to the South, small independent breweries. Currently we have

Three Acre Blood Orange Pale
Gun Brewery Milk Stout
Cellarhead Fireside

But these could already have rotated by tomorrow but gives you an idea.
Excellent. We used to drink in there post games most matches but as others have mentioned it wasn't a great pub so haven't been in for a few seasons.

Certainly back on the radar now.

Next time you are at Gun pick up some Zamzama!!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Hi!

Good luck with everything, as others have already said it’s back on the radar now 👍

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Nice. I live on the outskirts of Brighton and no decent outside round here so quite like dipping into Lewes for puberry but haven't really had a go to place for football. So will definitely pop in.

I went to the Lansdowne recently. Everyone in there seemed to be completely legless / totally demented by about 4pm so ill give that a miss next time and go to the Oak.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was one of the worst pubs in Lewes, so hopefully you can turn it round!
Last time I went in there was in the mid 80s when I was studying for my As at Lewes Tech. It was our regular Friday night venue often before going to a house party somewhere. Fond memories.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
last time I was there was around Xmas 21. Awful. Ordered food, sat down and people staring at us asking how the dead cat was? Beer was crap too. Never been back given so many better pubs around. Will take a lot of persuasion to convince me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here