The Roddick Foundation

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
CAGE aren't apologists and they certainly don't support the IS! - Cage is essentially an organisation that condemns & campaigns against the war on terror and supports affected communities. It would obviously be ludicrous to close it down and seize its assets purely for giving its views from an anti "war on terror" perspective.

Incredible how irrational and misinformed tabloid newspapers have made people. Masterclass in propaganda.

How you are allowed to post your claptrap on NSC week in week out is beyond me:moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People on short term contracts at the BodyShop have been known to write messages in the bottom of their Christmas gift baskets.
Messages along the lines of:-

'Help me help me, I'm Flopsy the Rabbit and they are injecting me.
My eye, my eyes, it burns my eyes'. :cough: :wink:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Come on cjd, get off that FENCE x

Well, there is no point in long verbal exchanges with the likes of Dingodan and Mustafa. Thankfully, most posters recognise the stance of those two idiots.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How you are allowed to post your claptrap on NSC week in week out is beyond me:moo:

He has freedom of speech innit.

Even though it grates we have to put up with filthy claptrap ,even if it goes against vast majority held views of what is deemed decent and good in this country.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
As far as I am aware they haven't expressed support for ISIS.

As far as I can tell the purpose of CAGE is to assist people caught up in terrorism legislation to help advocate for their rights, and generally to try to help them find remedy within the legal system.

You are suggesting that if this group can be closed down and "have their assets taken", then this would be in our interest, and would serve us in the struggle against extremism. But in reality a group like this is likely to be difference between an angry young Muslim who believes that they can find remedy within the system, and an angry young Muslim who believes they can not. That difference is quite is an important one if you want to combat extremism.

Put very conveniently like this, I can see your point, but in reality, as you say, is this what you as an angry young muslim would get. Would he be told by this group, with its proven past of some members, to not be angry and embrace a multi-cultured western system, where he can still practice his faith unhindered. He should be happy that he can live alongside his christian neighbours, and accept that jihad has no relevance in the 21st century, and that, whilst still having the opportunity to advance the cause of Islam to those wishing to listen, moderation is the key to peaceful co-existence with fellow citizens of differing beliefs and sexual orientation.
Do you seriously think that this is the type of advice that this group would give an angry young muslim to overcome his anger?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
CAGE aren't apologists and they certainly don't support the IS! - Cage is essentially an organisation that condemns & campaigns against the war on terror and supports affected communities. It would obviously be ludicrous to close it down and seize its assets purely for giving its views from an anti "war on terror" perspective.

Incredible how irrational and misinformed tabloid newspapers have made people. Masterclass in propaganda.

And yet one of their directors has been filmed calling for jihad against the Western world ..... yes, a well balanced, helpful organisation .... not. Shut them down and deport them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

At last I've worked it out, you're a parody account, well done, took me a year or so but eventually I got there. That said, your choice of parody subject is pretty rotten, have you thought about sending up hooliganism or the Green Party or cyclists? They're a lot easier to raise a grin to?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
At last I've worked it out, you're a parody account, well done, took me a year or so but eventually I got there. That said, your choice of parody subject is pretty rotten, have you thought about sending up hooliganism or the Green Party or cyclists? They're a lot easier to raise a grin to?

I think it is something like that also. He is adopting a contrarian position. I suspect he believes some of this so its not too far a step to go that bit further. Its a bit like many things, eg left and right in politics, if you push it too far for whatever reason it quickly becomes ridiculous. Like you i think this is done for effect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports