Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Rockford Files.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is it any wonder I drink after coming on here.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I preferred Kojak. You knew where you were with Kojak. He didn't take any prisoners. Apart from the ones he put in prison, obviously.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Theme tune to the Rockford Files is one of the greatest. If I wasn't pissed in the pub I'd attempt to post a link, but it's beyond me at present.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I loved the Rockford Files growing up. James Garner was cool.

I preferred Kojak. You knew where you were with Kojak. He didn't take any prisoners. Apart from the ones he put in prison, obviously.
And who didn't love, "who loves you baby?"

Preferred them both to the too knowing, "look at us we're cool" Starskey and Hutch, although the opening sequence was great.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Preferred them both to the too knowing, "look at us we're cool" Starskey and Hutch, although the opening sequence was great.
I - and Mrs DiS - loved the Rockford Files as mature adults. Always starting with the answerphone message….

but we also thought and still think that Hill Street Blues was and is the best ever!

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
I - and Mrs DiS - loved the Rockford Files as mature adults. Always starting with the answerphone message….

but we also thought and still think that Hill Street Blues was and is the best ever!
Totally agree. Rockford Files was great. Came across the car park in Malibu used as a location for exterior scenes at his trailer c/w with plaque.
And Hill Street Blues in its self was terrific, plus it spawned so many other shows including NYPD Blue.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Watched Magnum yesterday
The Ferrari 308 GTS really was a lovely looking car

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Does anyone remember Tenafly? Or Hec Ramsey? I enjoyed them both. Come to think of it, I enjoyed all the cop / private eye series.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Columbo wasn't cool or good looking but he was the most intelligent.

Oh, just one more thing.....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

But which opening sequence? Don't forget for the first series they had a different theme tune.

I bet you owned a Starskey white cardigan! :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Wasn't there a flash of nude lady in the original Rockford title scenes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here