Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Rise of Sheffield United

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
They did. But as stated in my first post, Charlton had beaten Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield away to get to the last 8, both of whom are above the Blades in the league pyramid, added to which Charlton beat QPR less than a month ago. Had they brought that form into their match yesterday, they should at least have taken the game back to The Valley. As it was, Shheffield United wanted it more and Charlton were well beaten on the day. Although Charlton have off-field problems at the moment, I expect them to stay up this season by winning some of their games in hand. They have a good manager and I see 3 worse teams in the Championship than them.

who are the 3 worse teams than Charlton? I am struggling to find one (Millwall).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm not in the least bit surprised at their resurgence to be honest. Sheffield United were and always wlll be a big club. The only reason they slipped down the leagues in the past couple of seasons, was because they appointed a few sub standard managers, and until recently haven't had a striker who scored enough goals on a regular basis. Promotion beckons for them next season.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
8 points is nothing when on rampant form. I can see them going up - anyone know the odds?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sheff Utd v Wolves tomorrow.

Sheffield United have to win to stay in touch really, and if they do they could be just 7 points behind Peterborough in 6th with a game in hand - as Posh are at home to Rotherham so could easily lose. Massive crowd there expected - somewhere north of 25,000 I'd have thought, with Wolves travelling in big numbers...

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Sheff Utd v Wolves tomorrow.

Sheffield United have to win to stay in touch really, and if they do they could be just 7 points behind Peterborough in 6th with a game in hand - as Posh are at home to Rotherham so could easily lose. Massive crowd there expected - somewhere north of 25,000 I'd have thought, with Wolves travelling in big numbers...

Huge game for both. Wolves all of a sudden have put themselves under pressure by drawing 0-0 at home to Shrewsbury last weekend and then getting beat at Crawley in midweek, having previously won 9 matches on the bounce and filled their boots with goals throughout that time. Sheffield United still have a sniff of a chance for the final play-off place and had a handy result at Preston in midweek. This is a tough game for Wolves to bounce back from their last 2 results and will show what they are really made of.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
The 3 currently below them in the Championship table - Millwall, Yeovil, Barnsley. Those are the 3 teams I'd predict to go down at the end of the season.

You could be right, although think it will go to last day ans Blackpool and Charlton (with the current bottom 3) will be sweating on final day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here