Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The removal of Jeremy Corbyn.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The huge increase in Labour Party new/renewed members since Corbyn's election as leader speaks for itself and how far the Labour Party had come adrift for the people it was supposed to represent.

That is quite true in that thousands did join as a result of the Corbyn factor. As to whether the Labour party had come adrift from the people it was meant to represent - this is far more debatable. Might it just be that those new thousands were to the left of the majority of Labour supporters, who the traditional party does in fact represent.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That is quite true in that thousands did join as a result of the Corbyn factor. As to whether the Labour party had come adrift from the people it was meant to represent - this is far more debatable. Might it just be that those new thousands were to the left of the majority of Labour supporters, who the traditional party does in fact represent.

Arguably coupled with huge numbers of traditional Labour supporters being utterly unconvinced by the deadsheep-like Ed Miliband. Hell yes!

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The current professed ambition for the leadership of the Labour Party is to hand power over to the members and force MPs to vote in the way the members say.

Who - part from the members of course - will want to vote for a party that hands over government to Labour Party members? I like and respect many Labour MPs (not the current leadership, though), but there's no way I would trust party activists to get anywhere near the government of the country.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Arguably coupled with huge numbers of traditional Labour supporters being utterly unconvinced by the deadsheep-like Ed Miliband. Hell yes!

Yes, I too saw him say "hell yes", and thought that quite frankly, he looked stupid by coming out with something to which very few of the electorate, never mind the urban working class, could identify. I am sure that you are right in that that many voters found him personally unconvincing, but it might not necessarily mean that he disagreed with his policies.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The current professed ambition for the leadership of the Labour Party is to hand power over to the members and force MPs to vote in the way the members say.

Who - part from the members of course - will want to vote for a party that hands over government to Labour Party members? I like and respect many Labour MPs (not the current leadership, though), but there's no way I would trust party activists to get anywhere near the government of the country.

Absolutely. Party activists of all persuasion are less likely to want any sort of compromise and are far more likely to put dogma in front of common sense. At present it does seem that the Corbynistas are guilty of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here