Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The referee for Saturday is...

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Oh strewth.

The GOON who sent off 2 at the AMEX vs Burnley.

Pawson ?

Strewth. Wasn't he the ref who sent 2 off v Burnley before ?

oh ffs - not Pawson.

The bloke is a clueless wan*er.

Mmm Craig Pawson, sent 2 off against the same side, probably got a right bollocking from players, manager and anyone else in ear shot and marked down badly on the sheet.
So the FL give him exactly the same game probably at his request.
Coincidence this is not.
It is how the powers that be behave in an antagonist we are in charge here kind of way.
Could have chosen any other ref.
It's all just a wind up, pathetic behaviour that does not surprise me at all.

I am still amazed at the rose tinted view we as a collective hold over that game.

The only mistake was not to send off the Burnley thug who clouted Barnes after he did what he did.

Vincelot punched one of them off the ball and Barnes meant to bring his studs down on their chap. Stupid behaviour all round.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I am still amazed at the rose tinted view we as a collective hold over that game.

The only mistake was not to send off the Burnley thug who clouted Barnes after he did what he did.

Vincelot punched one of them off the ball and Barnes meant to bring his studs down on their chap. Stupid behaviour all round.

But bigtomfu - there have been other games (some at the Withdean if my memory serves me correctly) when he completely
fu**ed up -

He is a grade A to**er.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It won't matter - calm down everyone. Can't imagine him deliberately having a vendetta despite some shite decisions against us previously - it's on to too so every decision will be under scrutiny..

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It won't matter - calm down everyone. Can't imagine him deliberately having a vendetta despite some shite decisions against us previously - it's on to too so every decision will be under scrutiny..

He is a "look at me"'merchant. He will love being on TV and guaranteed to make a controversial decision so he is noticed. Let's just hope it is in our favour.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

That's all fair enough, I did not say he made mistakes (except the one you pointed out) but his previous record does lead you to the conclusion he is a look at me card happy ref.
If a few on this board don't like him then I am sure many of the other Brighton fans don't like him either after that game.
So why let him ref it again against the same opposition, its clearly a point made by the FL, its no coincidence that he was given this game.
With nearly a full house and a very important game its a silly decision when they could have chosen many other refs.
So its not so much Pawson (prat though he is) its the FL for stupidly giving it to him.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
To be honest, if we are at our best and take our chances we should have enough to win this game - whomever the referee is.

Pawson is not corrupt so if he is crap on the day then it'll likely be affecting both sides the same.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In the boro game, my issue with his officiating was that the smoggies kept going down, getting treatment and then getting up and playing on without being asked to leave the field.

All a bit basic but it allowed the game go be killed after we went behind

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I quite like the fact that he's previously sent off two of our players early on in a game against the same opponents.

The statistical probability of the same happening on Saturday, therefore, must be significantly reduced, I mean: what are the odds of that happening twice? :)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I quite like the fact that he's previously sent off two of our players early on in a game against the same opponents.

The statistical probability of the same happening on Saturday, therefore, must be significantly reduced, I mean: what are the odds of that happening twice? :)
He'd look pretty 'bent' really if he did it again...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Barnes meant to bring his studs down on their chap. Stupid behaviour all round.

You know this for sure do you?

It looked as though Barnes was trying to jump out the way of an out of control lunge

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure statistics work like that Edna :(

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

In the Pawson twisted, incompetent, "look at me I was hated at school", fuc*ed up world, I would say quite high.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We may all be smiling if he does repeat history, and sends Barnes off.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
At least it's not Hoops......

Pawson though is one of those David Elleray little Hitler types who gets off on the abuse and controversial decisions he makes.

When my son told me he was the ref I honestly thought he was joking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here