Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REF

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
It was the same every game last year. Decent start, crowd go quiet. Ref makes big decision then the crowd moan about everything rather than getting behind the team. We just haven't got Gus as our cheerleader now

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
The one decision that really got me was booking Lua Lua late on. Weds won a throw and took it, ref blows his whistle, kaz says something, gets booked then Weds retake the throw from exactly the same place. Would love to know why he stopped the game in the first place?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I also thought jfc was lucky to only get a yellow for that tackle...lucky it was early on in the game. Havent seen it again but from my view it looked a red!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Is it only me who thinks the quick free kick that led to their goal should have been pulled back (for being just a bit too far forward from place of foul and giving a crucial unfair advantage)....?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is it only me who thinks the quick free kick that led to their goal should have been pulled back (for being just a bit too far forward from place of foul and giving a crucial unfair advantage)....?

You didn't read as far as post #2, then?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You didn't read as far as post #2, then?
I didn't realise post #2 was talking about the goal. I missed the bit where the ref "insisted" they come back ten yards - it all seemed to happen quicker than that...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I didn't realise post #2 was talking about the goal. I missed the bit where the ref "insisted" they come back ten yards - it all seemed to happen quicker than that...

Yeah, he did. Calde had a go at him right after the goal, and then again at half time. He blew his whistle, instructed them to take it back where the foul was, then just watched as they took it anyway.

Though, it's our players' fault they didn't deal with that attack, allowing their player so much space in the right back area, so I don't think we can blame the ref for the goal. Defending for that goal was awful, regardless of the ref seemingly ignoring his own instructions. It also led to the fans getting wound up when he wouldn't let us take a free kick out of position, stopping play and moving us back to where the incident was.

Yeah, he did. Calde had a go at him right after the goal, and then again at half time. He blew his whistle, instructed them to take it back where the foul was, then just watched as they took it anyway.

Though, it's our players' fault they didn't deal with that attack, allowing their player so much space in the right back area, so I don't think we can blame the ref for the goal. Defending for that goal was awful, regardless of the ref seemingly ignoring his own instructions. It also led to the fans getting wound up when he wouldn't let us take a free kick out of position, stopping play and moving us back to where the incident was.

Yes, I'd have been pissed off if they had scored directly from the wrongly taken free kick, but in fact they paused and switched play from attacking down their right, across to the left - we had plenty of time to regroup but stood off Coke woefully. And with mistakes like that you can lose games.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Booked Bruno near the end for innocuous foul, whereas the fat no9 didn't get one for persistent fouling, nor did their fouls which successfully stopped counter attacks.

As for the 4th official - why only 5 mins stoppage time? 6 subs, tons of time wasting, play stopped to lecture and dish out yellows and the red, played stopped many times for fake injuries and cramp.

Shows how much you know, doesn't it

briref

Aug 12, 2008
The one decision that really got me was booking Lua Lua late on. Weds won a throw and took it, ref blows his whistle, kaz says something, gets booked then Weds retake the throw from exactly the same place. Would love to know why he stopped the game in the first place?

kaz should shut his mouth then, and he does not get booked

simples

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

He was telling KLL to turn round so he could book him,when the Wednesday player took the throw, despite being told to wait.

He made a mistake before the goal and he should have sent off JFC and probably booked their striker but that's about it. It's not worth complaining about it and he is a lot closer than any of us

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
His performance was a bit like ours-inadequate! He made a mistake over the free kick before they scored but from what I recall, it was a stupid free kick to give away. JFC should definitely have been sent off and Crofts deserved to go. Apart from that, neither his performance nor ours were anything to get excited about.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, I'd have been pissed off if they had scored directly from the wrongly taken free kick, but in fact they paused and switched play from attacking down their right, across to the left - we had plenty of time to regroup but stood off Coke woefully. And with mistakes like that you can lose games.

The utterly pathetic defender that is Bruno was still perambulating around the halfway line.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The utterly pathetic defender that is Bruno was still perambulating around the halfway line.

Well, FINALLY! I'm glad someone else sees the same player as I do with Bruno. I keep being repeatedly told that he's a brilliant player and a #baller but the man cannot defend to save his life.

On the refereeing front, I don't think they're biased, I think the refereeing standard is poor across the division, both in our favour and against. It's the inconsistency that irritates, not perceived bias.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Had to chuckle at someone near me shouting at the ref for not refereeing "to the letter of the law" for not giving a free kick to us pretty much seconds after he let Forster-Caskey get away with a clear second yellow...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here