Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The record attendance at withdean

Remember visiting Withdean in the early/mid '80's when American "Football" was becoming popular over here. I recall the old stand looked derelict and a little spooky, a good setting for the finale to Dr Who or a crime thriller. Remember that the B-52's two star players were Chas and Joe (I think) Jisiki (O.K., someone enlighten me the correct spelling) - they certainly had the right sounding names to be Yank Football players!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Remember that the B-52's two star players were Chas and Joe (I think) Jisiki (O.K., someone enlighten me the correct spelling) - they certainly had the right sounding names to be Yank Football players!
Random thread find!

Chaz and Jim Jasicki. Both played for GB as well, (even though Jim was born in the US, but grew up in the UK), Chaz being born over here to American parents. They were my coaches for the Brighton youth squad, and Im still in touch with them both.

I was there that day as part of the Jnr B52s, and had spent the week at coaching clinics by CCSF Rams players, and making friends with their ball-boy George Rush, who was the Head Coaches son. Brilliant day and, as someone mentioned, the first real taste for a lot of people of an American team playing the game over here.

City College went on to be one of the most successful College teams over the decades, albeit at a lower level than the likes of LSU / Michigan etc, but George Rush remained HC until about 4 or 5 years ago when he retired, and is enjoying the quiet life in the bay area - and can now also spend more time with his best mate Pete Carroll, the recently retired Seahawks HC.

Im still in touch with his son, George Jnr, who has also remained in San Fran as an indy film producer & lawyer, as well as his step brother Jabril Wilson who went on to be drafted by the NY Giants, played over here in the first Wembley game vs Miami, and also the "Helmet Catch" Superbowl vs Brady's Patriots.

Great memories.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Random thread find!

Chaz and Jim Jasicki. Both played for GB as well, (even though Jim was born in the US, but grew up in the UK), Chaz being born over here to American parents. They were my coaches for the Brighton youth squad, and Im still in touch with them both.

I was there that day as part of the Jnr B52s, and had spent the week at coaching clinics by CCSF Rams players, and making friends with their ball-boy George Rush, who was the Head Coaches son. Brilliant day and, as someone mentioned, the first real taste for a lot of people of an American team playing the game over here.

City College went on to be one of the most successful College teams over the decades, albeit at a lower level than the likes of LSU / Michigan etc, but George Rush remained HC until about 4 or 5 years ago when he retired, and is enjoying the quiet life in the bay area - and can now also spend more time with his best mate Pete Carroll, the recently retired Seahawks HC.

Im still in touch with his son, George Jnr, who has also remained in San Fran as an indy film producer & lawyer, as well as his step brother Jabril Wilson who went on to be drafted by the NY Giants, played over here in the first Wembley game vs Miami, and also the "Helmet Catch" Superbowl vs Brady's Patriots.

Great memories.
Both used to work at Amex. I worked alongside Jim for many years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here