• meh opponents - can't be arsed

Votes: 134 56.8%
  • thinking about it

Votes: 52 22.0%

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I hope the match yesterday against an average Spanish team, will make people realise who hard it will be in Europe this season
Dunno. Spanish league is decent. They finished 11th and looked rubbish, just well organised. Most opposition will be from bin men leagues.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As RDZ pointed out this was a really smart game to have in pre season as it’s an opposition who will not press and quite comfortable sitting behind the ball in organised banks and slow the game down with niggly free kicks and gamesmanship.

What struck me yesterday was what an outrageous array of attacking options we have across the squad to change things up and try different things. I don’t envy RDZ keeping all of them happy!!

Also what a unit Igor is and showed some good early promises with range of passing and Milner is going to be a huge influence around the squad with so many senior leaders to guide the young pros.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At 5.15 there were 6 buses at the Amex bus park sitting there empty. No queues. Not sure where 10k fans disappeared to
Judging by the queue for the shop, they were all snapping up the new merchandise. I was thinking of having a browse but it looked like it would be a long wait.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Someone has to go for the OTT opinion based on nothing more than a run out in a pre-season friendly. (hint don't take this too seriously)

Dahoud has that youthful Wilkins hair and seems to be a blend of Butch's crab style passing, Dean's tackling and heading ability and Graham's talent. He may settle find a role and a more expansive passing game in the side, it won't be as the defensive midfield shield unless he is saving all his tackles for when the season starts.

Happy with all the other new starters, some of whom do need more time to get to know their teammates and new roles. De Zerbi has a tough job if Caceido does go and there is no one else to come in.
I thought Dahoud looked very lightweight

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Were there any loyalty points for those that bought tickets?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Although that was an underwhelming performance that left me confused as to our best starting line up, it was a very competitive workout from a team that weren’t drawn in by our fannying about very often and when they were their pace gave us problems. Some Villaesque shitehousery too. It will stand us in good stead I believe, plenty of teams will stand off us this season and try and hit us on the break imo whilst going down easily and feigning injury to take the momentum out of our game.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Were there any loyalty points for those that bought tickets?
A hundred bonus loyalty points are being allocated to the most loyal fans that attended despite the hurdles they had to overcome

(No, no points for this one)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Still on club website on main tickets page! :unsure:

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 14.41.34.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here