Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Queen - A modern success story

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
yeah, so the office of the president can spend the £36m instead.

she isnt even the largest land owner in the UK.

She owns 2,670,925,238 acres of land - No one has more.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I don't think she "owns" Australia anyway - the Aussies might have something to say about that !

As Head of the Commonwealth I believe she has "royal title" over all the land within it, including Canada and Australia (and the Falklands), which is what makes her 'nominally' the world's largest landowner. In practice, of course, that means F-all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Opps - I must have missed your post because I was expecting to see "Little Englanders" in it :p
Nope, only on a thread featuring excessive whining about the EU.

Perhaps we could persuade Europe to take queenie as unelected head of continent? You'd be in a right old mess then. :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
She owns 2,670,925,238 acres of land - No one has more.

where on the internet did you find that little nugent? thats 44x the size of the UK for perspective.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Perhaps we could persuade Europe to take queenie as unelected head of continent? You'd be in a right old mess then. :lolol:

Shit, I wouldn't know what or who to support !

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I believe with Phil the Greek's health declining, she is currently Head of Incontinent...

Talking of old Phil....he kept some great company back in the day....

philthenazi.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why is the monarchy a "modern" success story? They've been ripping off common folk for thousands of years. That's not modern, just more of the same.

this
and red Ken for president :lolol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I would take your post seriously, but then I see your avatar supporting Argentine claims to the Falklands, so I'm guessing you are just a troll or on day release, or possibly both.

Yes. Yes of course I am. You don't like what I post? You know where the ignore button is :tantrum:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Nope, only on a thread featuring excessive whining about the EU.

The job for an undelected head of Europe has already been taken..............I don't remember voting for Rompuoy, Barroso or Schultz?

Neither do I recall being consulted about their budgets and recent increase of £1bn..........still carry on.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8df136b4-bcb3-11e2-9519-00144feab7de.html#axzz2XQvVpsEy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...budget-who-pays-what-and-how-it-is-spent.html

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Come the revolution, up against the wall, bang bang bang. That's you as well Crodo.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And who cares if it cost the tax payer an extra £900,000 last financial year as long as she's happy...

It didn't though did it? Thought the rise was a percentage of the increased income from the crown estates.

Whilst that is 'nominally' true, how far would she actually get if she rang up Fox & Sons one day and said: "One would like flog Australia. See what you can get for it"?

What would happen if New Zealand put in an offer?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I'd happily round her 55p up to a £1 and still think she's great value.

Long live the Queen!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Whilst that is 'nominally' true, how far would she actually get if she rang up Fox & Sons one day and said: "One would like flog Australia. See what you can get for it"?

If my experience is anything to go by she would spend the rest of her days waiting for them to return calls/ re sending documents after they lost them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here