Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Proper Darts

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just can't warm to the Harbour Masters brand of Darts. Caldwell much more stylish and attacking in his throw.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The worse the tournament becomes the more famous the names of the competitors get - I see this year's crop includes Mississippi boatboy Tom Sawyer, gay serial killer Denis Nilsson, former PM David Cameron, Aussie comedian Paul Hogan and US pop star Mark McGrath.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The worse the tournament becomes the more famous the names of the competitors get - I see this year's crop includes Mississippi boatboy Tom Sawyer, gay serial killer Denis Nilsson, former PM David Cameron, Aussie comedian Paul Hogan and US pop star Mark McGrath.

Jimi Hendricks got beat in the last match.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dark Destroyer.....OUT!!!!

:ohmy:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know the quality is lower, but the Durrant v Hogan match I've just watched has to be one of the most amazing games of darts I've ever seen.

Durrant is heading for the PDC after this by all accounts, but he has to deal with pressure better than he did tonight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know the quality is lower, but the Durrant v Hogan match I've just watched has to be one of the most amazing games of darts I've ever seen.

Durrant is heading for the PDC after this by all accounts, but he has to deal with pressure better than he did tonight.

Can't see him doing much on the PDC tour. Bunting was a much better prospect and he's struggled after a good start...

Pickles

May 5, 2014
The final is on CH 4 at 16.15.

Should be a cracker what with both players being the top 2 in the BDO by a long margin.

Close call this. However, my money is on Danny Noppert, the flairmeister of the BDO.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
'Duzza' won 7-3, but with the trophy nestling in his arms told the Channel 4 host that his dream was to play in the PDC

Correct me if I'm wrong but does the BDO winner forfeit part of the £100,000 if he doesn't defend his title?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
'Duzza' won 7-3, but with the trophy nestling in his arms told the Channel 4 host that his dream was to play in the PDC

Correct me if I'm wrong but does the BDO winner forfeit part of the £100,000 if he doesn't defend his title?

Don't know about that but strictly (and legally) speaking they cannot leave for 12 months if the reach the last four of the Lakeside.

However by not enforcing it when RVB and Mervyn King made the move, they effectively opened the floodgates to anyone half decent joining the PDC.

Aside from developing promising darting talent the whole BDO setup really is a sorry state of affairs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
'Duzza' won 7-3, but with the trophy nestling in his arms told the Channel 4 host that his dream was to play in the PDC ��

Think that was a threat but also wouldn't hold up leagally so never happened. I believe Bunting joined the PDC straight after winning Lakeside. Think Hearn even made a comment about giving him the 100k of BDO wouldn't (not sure if he was joking or not!). Didn't see it but surprised Durrant said that in his interview straight after in front of all the BDO crowd and hierarchy :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here