Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The problem with our fans as I see it

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
At Withdean two seasons ago we had a loyal base off five thousand fans and to them 8th in the championship would be dream land.To spend £4.5 million on two strikers and have 2 England players in the back four would of made them call for the men in white coats to take you away.

This league is so strong and last week we pushed a top 4 premier league side all the way. I think that what Poyet has done for the Albion is more than any fan could of dreamed off

Now the problem we have 22,000 new fans that want instant success and except us to be in the top two. They didn't go to the likes of Oldham and Bury etc away.

Swansea a club very similar to us took four seasons making steady progress to get into the premier league. Gus Poyet ( if not driven out ) will get us there not this season but within the next three.

Look at the shit on the site given to Ashley Barnes today for getting sent off.He was the best player on the pitch last Saturday and is 21 and will be a great player yet some on here make him out to be Tiltman or Farrington.

We are a club on the up and patience is needed from some off our fans. I applaud the majority on here that seem to understand where the club is going.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
At Withdean two seasons ago we had a loyal base off five thousand fans and to them 8th in the championship would be dream land.To spend £4.5 million on two strikers and have 2 England players in the back four would of made them call for the men in white coats to take you away.

This league is so strong and last week we pushed a top 4 premier league side all the way. I think that what Poyet has done for the Albion is more than any fan could of dreamed off

Now the problem we have 22,000 new fans that want instant success and except us to be in the top two. They didn't go to the likes of Oldham and Bury etc away.

Swansea a club very similar to us took four seasons making steady progress to get into the premier league. Gus Poyet ( if not driven out ) will get us there not this season but within the next three.

Look at the shit on the site given to Ashley Barnes today for getting sent off.He was the best player on the pitch last Saturday and is 21 and will be a great player yet some on here make him out to be Tiltman or Farrington.

We are a club on the up and patience is needed from some off our fans. I applaud the majority on here that seem to understand where the club is going.

Good post.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing

i dont feel were ready to go up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And so the NSC cycle continues.

Granted, the pulling out the 5k Withdean fans card, has come early after this particular defeat.
But it's always nice to have it here.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Some of our fans, a very vocal minority - are incredibly fickle. Theres a line from positive criticism of the team to just blatant crap and these people often cross it.

Today was bad, not the end of the world. Sure it meant we couldnt close the gap on Middlesbrough but nothing has really changed after today, hopefully we can bounce back against Hull.

Anything better than 10th is good enough for us and were looking like we should achieve that, which is yet more progress under Poyet. Were a bit like Swansea on a steady journey, hopefully in a couple of years we will be in the same place as them.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
To be fair, lunging in two-footed and getting sent off early in the game is always going to draw some criticism

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Agree with what your saying but Barnes doesn't do himself any favours and seems to cancel himself out.

Brilliant one week , bell end the next.

Agree ,its up to Gus and his staff to sort it out as Barnes does seem to have some anger management issues on the pitch. My biggest fear is that Poyet will walk and then our fans will see what a big loss that would be to the Albion.

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Agree with you but I would suggest that 26950 of the c.27000 that attended the Arsenal game would also. A very very few on here and on the argus site grab every opportunity to find a negative. Everyone else enjoys a good footie discussion but would never support some of the, for example, bile that a few write about Barnes. So no problem with our fans but a very small minority have their own personal problems. Every club has a few of those!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Oh, come on. There were many slit-your-wrist type, soul-searching threads in the Withdean years.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Elder and Revell were our January signings in 2007. I wish a few on here would of seen them play.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I like to read the posts of the travelling fans in respect of players abilities etc. The fans that go to Blackburn, Sheffield, Middlesbro etc are they fans that went to Rochdale, Hartlepool,Doncaster etc. They are the people who have been with us for many years and tend to have a more balanced perspective of the Club and the players performances.

People who are listening to the radio and coming straight on here to slag off players/staff are not really worth the time. Unfortunately, it would appear that we have a lot of them at present with agendas.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It doesn't matter what your Albion supporting credentials are, the inescapable fact of being a football fan is that it has the capacity to ruin your weekend if it goes like it did this weekend and that is the bottom line, whether you're top of the Premiership or bottom of Ryman League something, have been supporting your team for 60 years or 60 days.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West

Yep, I agree with your statement.
JCL's want instant success...!!

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand

Fabulous Post, makes a refreshing change to read something like this.:albion2:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
It is summarized quite easily.

If those fans who want Poyet out got their way this club would be the laughing stock of football.

And football would be right.

D

Deleted member 2719

No problem with Barnes, or the squad apart from the signing of Upson.

Poyet tinkers too much IMO he has a play off squad here and should do it, if he doesn't, it is thank Gus, try Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here