Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Priestfield days

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Very much this...talking to her and she said Brighton fans were the best she had ever had at the Cricketers and there was never any trouble with them. The only trouble I had at Gillingham was a spotty youth kicked my wing mirror off and a steward knocked my disabled wife off her feet. Remember Bellotti was Scally's best man at his wedding...Crooks together...

Now you mention it, I lost a wing mirror when I returned to my car after one game. I'd parked on a street that I didn't normally park on and I had always assumed it was a passing vehicle that knocked it off, but the road was wide enough for that not to happen, so it probably was an in-bred.

As others have said, there is no way that we caused any trouble and the stadium certainly looked a little better after we left than it did in our first season there.

I am certain that the local residents weren't happy having football traffic on every Saturday of the season with either Gills or us at home, but that aside, no-one there could have anything to complain about us. Methinks you have been talking to a plank.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
we were abit naughty down there in the 70's

southend too,before all this palace biz started

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I thought it was a combination of the Met and Millwall, and, as I posted, Crawley Council said no, not Crawley FC.

The Met didn't want it. The Millwall Chairman at the time was Theo Greekname (The one off Dragons Den). He was more than happy to trouser the rent.

Woking was also considered.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
we were abit naughty down there in the 70's

southend too,before all this palace biz started

Certainly was. I remember one day when we were in the Rainham end with just blue and white scarves, and some knicked Gillingham ones. Half was already filled with our lads, we went past them and the other side of their lot. It kicked off, and they were trapped in the middle. Funny as!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I was talking to a Gills fan today about away games and stuff and he told me that he didn't have much time for Brighton as Gillingham had 'helped the Albion out in it's darkest hour yet the Brighton fans trashed the stadium, caused untold bother in the town and generally weren't good tenants'.
I didn't go to Gillingham, it was before my time, but this conversation prompted me to ask for your thoughts/memories of those days.

Can't be bothered to read the thread in full except to say this is a load of b****x.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here