Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Choices, choices ... can I have three goes this round?

Bugger it, here goes
  • over 500 PL games
  • 6 x Premier League
  • 3 x FA cups
  • 1 x Champions League

Even he doesn't know why he hasn't been picked yet

Phil.jpg

Phil Neville ... key addition to Team Shug :thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
[MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION] is up.

No i'm not!! I picked Jens Lehmann a few posts ago after Shuggie had timed out at 09:09 this morning

- That was a catch up pick by Shuggie and we are already onto [MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION] who has until 15:29 to pick before it moves onto JOLovegrove

However i will take another player now if you insist

Last edited:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
For my next pick, I really need a Goalkeeper, so I have picked probably the best keeper in the Premier League until Petr Cech came along and relegated him to No 2...

CARLO CUDICINI

Bw3ZLRHIAAABUBd.jpg
[MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] - you are up!

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
My pick is a Turkish legend i give you Tugay Kerimoğlu

Tugay-Blackburn-Rovers-Hull-City-Premier-Leag_1273192.jpg

GKBruce Grobbelaar2 - Has won the FA Cup.
LBWayne Bridge3 - Has played at least 200 Premier League Games.
CB
CB
RB
RMDirk Kuyt10 - Has at least 70 full international caps.
CMTugay Kerimoğlu14 - Has won another Top League (La Liga, MLS, Hungarian Premier League etc.)
CMMesut Ozil12 - Has reached a World Cup Final.
LMDavid Beckham1 - Has won a Premier League Title.
ST
ST

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
My pick is a Turkish legend i give you Tugay Kerimoğlu

View attachment 63073

GKBruce Grobbelaar2 - Has won the FA Cup.
LBWayne Bridge3 - Has played at least 200 Premier League Games.
CB
CB
RB
RMDirk Kuyt10 - Has at least 70 full international caps.
CMTugay Kerimoğlu14 - Has won another Top League (La Liga, MLS, Hungarian Premier League etc.)
CMMesut Ozil12 - Has reached a World Cup Final.
LMDavid Beckham1 - Has won a Premier League Title.
ST
ST

Quality player!:thumbsup:

I think [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] has 20 minutes left before I shamelessly nick his spot.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Ok, well it looks like it's my turn.

I still think my next pick has a great future in the league, despite having dropped down from his recent peak. During his two full seasons at Chelsea, he was their player of the year both times, got into the Premier League team of the season once, and won the Champions League, FA Cup and Europa League, as well as the European Championship with Spain.

He's a brilliant player, and seems to be a thoroughly nice chap, it's Juan Mata.

mata_1519346a.jpg
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] is up next, while [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] still has a pick and [MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION] appears to have two.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
OK, so I'm at the point now (as I think we all are) of having to be very careful with our picks in the knowledge that we're unlikely to get everyone on our 'dream' list so having to decide who we want most.

I'm going to use this one to add to my midfield, and I reckon that if Gus is in there already I may as well add his best mate.

ROBERTO DI MATTEO

Over to [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION] for two picks, [MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION] for two and [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] for one.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A veteran defender is next on my list, a player who, at the time of his retirement, played at 91 or the 92 grounds (except Craven Cottage) he had 10 years in the premiership with Arsenal and won 2 premier league titles

Lee Dixon

1897338403.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Joining Shearer in attack could be a controversial addition to my squad - he is young and raw but will be the 2014/15 young player of the year, other peoples squad have included premier league virgins but I believe this one could be the best, he is scoring for fun at the moment with 13 league goals in 21 games and will be the next England Number 9. Into the scoring in a derby category its .....

Harry Kane

kaney-472262.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] - sorry the night shift
No apology required. :thumbsup:

I'm going to use this pick to fill both a difficult category and a difficult position, and I'm going to do it with LEIGHTON BAINES.

[MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION] we're back to you, with [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION] still overdue.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I hope nobody will mind at this stage if I quickly pause to curse Frutos and Gazwag for picking my fullbacks.

My next pick isn't the most fashionable player in the world, but in my view he's massively underrated. He's made the most appearances for Arsenal in their Premier League history, and since making his PL debut aged 19 he's won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, a league cup, and a cup winner's cup. He was also part of the Middlesbrough team which made it to the UEFA Cup final in 2006.

As if that wasn't enough, he once asked Eileen Drewery for a short back and sides, and is responsible for chapter 786 in the popular book 'Occasions when Tim Lovejoy has been made to look like a tremendously large ****'.

It's Ray Parlour

gun__1362581060_parlour1.jpg
[MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION], back to you.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
How the hell has it got round to me so quickly.... Feel like I have missed a lot of good players.mwill post again in a minute when I get upstairs!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Ok guys, finally got to my room, really should get a lift installed or something.

My first pick is someone who can play along sign Vidic at the heart of my defence and I know will do everything he can to prevent goals going in. He was an integral part of 'The Invinsibles' in 2003/4 and had been playing in the Premier League ever since.

Say hello to Kolo Toure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here