Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pre-match trains tonight

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I've been on that 'ghost train' before, by chance, and I posted about it at the time because I didn't know it was possible for a train to traverse West to East through Brighton like that.

It is, but I think only on certain platforms due to the points layout. At least that's what I recall of a conversation with the Brighton Station Twitter.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Southern staff seemed to have passed responsibility over to the "event stewards" who refuse to assist passengers. In fact they won't even talk to them and BTP who all went missing when the queue got too long and the queue-jumping started.

I'm sure Barber needs some copy for his programme article so let's see him travel from Worthing for our next evening home game then he can tell us what a pleasant and comfortable experience he had.

Nothing will change until Messrs Bloom & Barber travel with us, see what we have to endure, and then stick the boot in to the lazy incompetent gits (Southern staff, stewards & BTP).

There is supposed to be a Transport Manager but I've never seen or heard a thing from him, and he appears about as useful as a chocolate tea pot

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
There is supposed to be a Transport Manager but I've never seen or heard a thing from him, and he appears about as useful as a chocolate tea pot

Oh, I wouldn't hold your breath expecting a decent respnse from him if it's the same guy as last season.(Can't remember his name)

I e-mailed the transport team after a right mess-up at the Uni car park last season and I got a response, but it was for a completely different incident from the one in my e-mail.
When I responded telling them they'd replied about something unrelated to my query, I never heard from them again.
Maybe their motto is "let's just ignore it and hope it goes away".

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nothing will change until Messrs Bloom & Barber travel with us, see what we have to endure, and then stick the boot in to the lazy incompetent gits (Southern staff, stewards & BTP).
That wouldn't be a bad idea. However, is there a good chance that they'd wonder what the fuss was about as Friday was a bit of an unusual one with various incidents, wasn't it? Admittedly, I've not gone by train for an evening KO, but all the Saturday fixtures I've come down to on the train from Victoria, via both Brighton and Lewes, have been a really easy journey to and from the stadium - and I've never left before the final whistle. Obviously, I can't speak for people coming from further east or west.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I was one of those queue pushers, and y'all can hate on me until the end of time. When I first got there we were right out of the station, but we saw the queue moving way up ahead and thought we'd be pushing on shortly and all would be well. Imagine my surprise when we actually didn't move at all because people were just wandering to the front of the queue from the streets. Once that game begins and nobody does anything about it, it becomes survival of the fittest and we adapted to it, acted like the necessary bellends and got into the AMEX at 7:43.

Piss poor service from the police, the stewards and the rail staff.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I've been on that 'ghost train' before, by chance, and I posted about it at the time because I didn't know it was possible for a train to traverse West to East through Brighton like that.

What is totally shameful is how they are missing the obvious trick of advertising it as a Falmer train at all stops West of Brighton so it gets filled up with people who want to go straight to Falmer, easing the burden on Brighton by several hundred people. Incompetent, frankly.

Indeed, a couple of these would sort everyone out both ways...the tracks are much quieter in the evenings & on Sats than commuter times but the level of deliberate intransigence and incompetence is shocking
Also the existing timetable services on the brighton to Lewes say, still have priority over 1,000 trying to go from Btn to Falmer. No other business would treat the 20 with preference, they don't have a given right to travel at a time, ease them forward and back half an hour or take a bus. The 20 are NOT more important & Southern need to be told this. Regulator?
How the catering and rail get worse year on year is remarkable. Heads would role in places I've worked but everyone seems bizarrely immune

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Dont know full facts but the person who broke leg did so at Bishopstone which would have been 430ish train.
Ambulance turned up in tidy faishon but at Newhaven town
1715 the Train stops at Newhaven with no stops until Brighton as blood still in cairrage
so must of been a bad break

Am I missing something, as I cannot picture how blood can be in the carriage if someone fell off the train and broke their leg on the platform?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here