Votes: 118 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
I take on board what you say, but would suggest the circumstances are entirely different.

They know Potter, they know he’s jobless, he even lives in Barbers old house 🤷‍♂️

If he were coming it would have been sorted by now, and whilst I know Bloom or PBOBE wouldn’t be swayed or influenced by NSC or X, they also know the fanbase, without whom the club couldn’t function, and they know this is a bridge too far.
Exactly, Tony Bloom is a success precisely because he does what people on Twitter suggest.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Not true for me. I was pro-Potter all through his barren patch, through his History Lesson speech, his teeth sucking, his jibes at fans, his relentlessly mind numbing press conferences and his inability to get a Brighton player to score a goal, never mind win a game at home more than once a year.

But the Boring Brummie Judas lost me, forever, the day he stabbed TB, PB and every BHAFC fan in the back when he jumped ship, ripping the heart out of the coaching team, for a bigger bag of gold (don't forget he was already earning far more than 99% of us will ever earn at Brighton).

He can do one.

IF he came back, and I think he never will, I'd get fully behind the team, but not the manager.
Spot on.
Compare his extended sniping after the (very mild) boogate here to his reaction to the choruses of boos at the Bridge after every loss or draw. "I understand the fans frustrations" etc etc, bow, scrape.
Pur-lease..

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I take on board what you say, but would suggest the circumstances are entirely different.

They know Potter, they know he’s jobless, he even lives in Barbers old house 🤷‍♂️

If he were coming it would have been sorted by now, and whilst I know Bloom or PBOBE wouldn’t be swayed or influenced by NSC or X, they also know the fanbase, without whom the club couldn’t function, and they know this is a bridge too far.
This is not true in modern football.
Brighton & Hove Albion would function a lot better without the fanbase compared to how the fanbase would function without Brighton & Hove Albion. It'll only take you five minutes looking through our financial accounts and five minutes of looking through NSC to firmly establish this.

Make no mistake, if Tony Bloom feels he's not allowed to run Albion the way he wants it and decides to leave because he don't want to waste time on people who never get happy, it will be a much bigger problem than if a couple of thousand gammouns has been absorbed by individualism and modern football to the degree that they'll abandon their favorite club because they don't like the manager. If people have that mindset, the club is better off with random Japanese tourists who actually want to watch us do well.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Spot on.
Compare his extended sniping after the (very mild) boogate here to his reaction to the choruses of boos at the Bridge after every loss or draw. "I understand the fans frustrations" etc etc, bow, scrape.
Pur-lease..

Very good point. Hadn't even thought about that.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is not true in modern football.
Brighton & Hove Albion would function a lot better without the fanbase compared to how the fanbase would function without Brighton & Hove Albion. It'll only take you five minutes looking through our financial accounts and five minutes of looking through NSC to firmly establish this.

Make no mistake, if Tony Bloom feels he's not allowed to run Albion the way he wants it and decides to leave because he don't want to waste time on people who never get happy, it will be a much bigger problem than if a couple of thousand gammouns has been absorbed by individualism and modern football to the degree that they'll abandon their favorite club because they don't like the manager. If people have that mindset, the club is better off with random Japanese tourists who actually want to watch us do well.
Covid showed that. You put fuckoff big banners and flags on the seats, crowd noises and the punters in India and the far east don’t give a f about our fabs who go and watch

One for @El Presidente to give us the figures of full stadiums to empty stadiums ( with no stewards, catering staff and just a skeleton staff) and if in the overall scheme of things it matters if anyone is in the stadium. I would hazard a guess it hardly makes a difference.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
We are in absolute crisis mode right now.

I think he could do a job, but our fans will have nowhere near enough patience as we did first time round. If we do not get off to a good start to the season under him then the atmosphere will become very, very toxic, putting even more pressure on the team to get results, will quickly demoralise the squad and before you know it we are in a relegation battle.

I think rehiring him is a really bad idea.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I can see why the board want a yes man who will accept a lack of ambition in the transfer market. If Potter is appointed and we have another disappointing summer, there could well be a pretty toxic atmosphere at the Amex in August.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
It’s not actually the fans we need to worry about. Potter lost the dressing room on 2 occasions.

When he left many of the players (who are still employed today) were relieved.

THAT IS A MAJOR CONCERN! I can’t be true.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It’s not actually the fans we need to worry about. Potter lost the dressing room on 2 occasions.

If that's true, Bloom/Barbs would know and wouldn't be looking to rehire (if they even are).

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011

Understandable.

If I’d been part of a team that had been flying for 20 or so games (including wins away to Arsenal and Spurs and smashing United 4-0) I’d DESPISE my manager too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here