Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Didn’t appear to affect Villa 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes but that isn't the comparison ( 9th under Potter, 11th under RDZ with Euro fixtures ).

And maybe it did affect Villa and they finished with less points because of it ???

Anyway the story of Potter coming back is just made up column inches - not worth even contemplating any more :shrug:

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Yet it's 63% NO to Potter on the poll?
So 63% of posters on NSC don’t want GP.

That’s not the same as 63% of all Brighton fans don’t want GP. Perhaps PB could hold a proper poll as he organised for safe standing. NSC is just a forum for posters brave enough to post an opinion and in the main ignore the childish and insulting responses.

There are many posters on NSC willing to engage in an adult debate. Sadly there are also many posters who just want to throw tantrums and stamp their feet.

Can I challenge posters who don’t want GP back to say who they prefer, and more importantly why their candidate they would be better than GP.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

That’s not the same as 63% of all Brighton fans don’t want GP. Perhaps PB could hold a proper poll as he organised for safe standing. NSC is just a forum for posters brave enough to post an opinion and in the main ignore the childish and insulting responses.

There are many posters on NSC willing to engage in an adult debate. Sadly there are also many posters who just want to throw tantrums and stamp their feet.

Can I challenge posters who don’t want GP back to say who they prefer, and more importantly why their candidate they would be better than GP.
De Zerbi.
Get on the phone Barber and sort it out.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Baldrick, no!

It's the worst plan since Abraham Lincoln said "Oh I'm sick of kicking around the house tonight, let's go take in a show!". For a start, we’re in mourning for the coach of our dreams: thus we’re unlikely to be in the mood to hire a two-legged badger wrapped in a curtain! Secondly, we are looking for a great entertainer, and he’s the worst entertainer since Saint Paul the Evangelist toured Palestine with his trampoline act! No, we'll have to find somebody else.

Ok ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Anyone on the list would be better, because you can’t have a head coach who’s already lost over 50% of the fan base. Even if the real figure was a third, that’s going to go toxic as soon as we go on one of his losing runs.

NSC, believe it or not, represents the older demographic, used to attempting reasoned argument. The youngsters on Twitter hate him much more.

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I‘m clearly not alone on here but there is too much water under the bridge for Potter to return, I really do think it would create a toxic atmosphere that could do long standing damage to the club.

Whilst it‘s been right in front of us, the debate raging on has seen an huge underlying fact almost overlooked.

They‘ve known RDZ was going for at least 8 days, if not more, Potter is currently unemployed, as has been pointed out on this thread earlier today if they were that set on getting him he’d be here by now. (Don’t forget he went to Stamford Bridge and took his entire backroom staff within 24hours 🙈)

Whoever we get let’s hope it’s this week 🤞

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I‘m clearly not alone on here but there is too much water under the bridge for Potter to return, I really do think it would create a toxic atmosphere that could do long standing damage to the club.

Whilst it‘s been right in front of us, the debate raging on has seen an huge underlying fact almost overlooked.

They‘ve known RDZ was going for at least 8 days, if not more, Potter is currently unemployed, as has been pointed out on this thread earlier today if they were that set on getting him he’d be here by now. (Don’t forget he went to Stamford Bridge and took his entire backroom staff within 24hours 🙈)

Whoever we get let’s hope it’s this week 🤞

De Zerbi was our number one target and out of work when Potter left, it took 10 Days to get him in.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
De Zerbi was our number one target and out of work when Potter left, it took 10 Days to get him in.
I take on board what you say, but would suggest the circumstances are entirely different.

They know Potter, they know he’s jobless, he even lives in Barbers old house 🤷‍♂️

If he were coming it would have been sorted by now, and whilst I know Bloom or PBOBE wouldn’t be swayed or influenced by NSC or X, they also know the fanbase, without whom the club couldn’t function, and they know this is a bridge too far.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I take on board what you say, but would suggest the circumstances are entirely different.

They know Potter, they know he’s jobless, he even lives in Barbers old house 🤷‍♂️

If he were coming it would have been sorted by now, and whilst I know Bloom or PBOBE wouldn’t be swayed or influenced by NSC or X, they also know the fanbase, without whom the club couldn’t function, and they know this is a bridge too far.

I think it's quite clear that Kieran McKenna is our first choice, but that doesn't mean Potter couldn't be under consideration as an alternative.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If he does come back, I think he will have a similar spell here, perhaps an even better one.
You mean we could look forward to the heady prospects of TWO home wins in a calendar year?

Movie Reaction GIF

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
As a hypothetical question, would TB approach GP first to express an interest in being our head coach or would GP make it known first that he would be interested? Purely hypothetical, but who would need the other one more at the moment , assuming Kieran McKenna doesn’t want to come here?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He had to get here from Ukraine via Italy . Potter can come in for an interview at Rockwater in about 5 minutes.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He had to get here from Ukraine via Italy . Potter can come in for an interview at Rockwater in about 5 minutes.
I’d love to know what an actual football manager job interview is like… you know, what sort of questions they get…

“It’s the 85th minute, you’re 3-2 down at home to Hartlepool in the FA cup… you turn to the bench, you’ve got one sub remaining, with a pick of:

Peter Ward,
Bobby Zamora,

Or

David Adekola…

Which one comes on, senor Xavi ?

Errrrrrrrrrr quarter past three?

“Not quite the answer we wanted… but not bad…”

Or a crystal maze style lock in scenario…

“Mummsy tells me it’s a transfer window skill game… 2 mins to work out how to fix the fax machine otherwise we can kiss goodbye to that Jason Peake deal… ready? … in you go…”

(Mouth organ solo)

Some accountant shouting LOUDLY that the on/off method isn’t working, followed by everyone screaming ridiculous ideas like “re hire GRAHAM POTTER… yeah David… can you hear me? RE HIRE GR…. How long’s left? Oooooohhh about 30 seconds heh heh,” cheeky wink at the camera … 2 seconds later…

“Oh dear he’s locked in…”

“They get let out, right Richard…?”

“Oh yes… they get let out….”

(You utter moron)

Heh heh heh etc.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I’d like PBOBE to go through the motions of rehiring Potter and take it right to the last minute, and just when GPott thinks things are settled and he’s coming back… then fucks him off out of it.

Revenge served cold!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
L
TB knows the Potter Out Brigade will always be there, they hated him from the start and were never convinced because it was a personality thing. They’ll never support him and will turn against our next manager quickly if they don’t have the charisma or magnetism of a De Zerbi or Boris Johnson. But if he gets to the bottom of his list, it could well be an interesting return for our former disgraced manager.

Not true for me. I was pro-Potter all through his barren patch, through his History Lesson speech, his teeth sucking, his jibes at fans, his relentlessly mind numbing press conferences and his inability to get a Brighton player to score a goal, never mind win a game at home more than once a year.

But the Boring Brummie Judas lost me, forever, the day he stabbed TB, PB and every BHAFC fan in the back when he jumped ship, ripping the heart out of the coaching team, for a bigger bag of gold (don't forget he was already earning far more than 99% of us will ever earn at Brighton).

He can do one.

IF he came back, and I think he never will, I'd get fully behind the team, but not the manager.

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Not true for me. I was pro-Potter all through his barren patch, through his History Lesson speech, his teeth sucking, his jibes at fans, his relentlessly mind numbing press conferences and his inability to get a Brighton player to score a goal, never mind win a game at home more than once a year.

But the Boring Brummie Judas lost me, forever, the day he stabbed TB, PB and every BHAFC fan in the back when he jumped ship, ripping the heart out of the coaching team, for a bigger bag of gold (don't forget he was already earning far more than 99% of us will ever earn at Brighton).

He can do one.

IF he came back, and I think he never will, I'd get fully behind the team, but not the manager.
This ❤️

Average Brighton fan reacts to Potter news:

RfXA0xJNInb8.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports