Votes: 118 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He is clearly far from 1st choice but then again, better than the vast majority of managers the bookies are linking us with who have never managed at the top level anywhere.

Could we end up with a situation where TB has to decide if he’ll run with the potential toxic atmosphere from a percentage of the fans by bringing Potter back or taking a big gamble on choice no 4 or 5 who may not have managed at this level and are not that inspiring in past achievements.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I’m not convinced potter is even a consideration, he distanced himself from a number of fairly high profile jobs since he got sacked by Chelsea, I think he’s probably waiting for Southgate to jack in the England job, he’s a shoe in for that gig !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The 9th was incredibly lucky and relied on a series of results all falling for us on the final day. At HT v WHU we were 13th. 45 min later we were 9th. We got lucky. GP started the next season well and the rest is history. Top half made people sit up and take notice. 13th wouldn't have had the same effect. He wouldn't have gone to Chelsea and may still be here, improving his cv and looking like the next England mgr.
The press bigged GP up into something he wasnt and they have done the same with RDZ. Epithets such as ' great ' and ' genius ' should be reserved for those who deserve them, not those still learning their trade.
Our league position after 38 games certainly does rely on a series of results.

It is also always the case that things could have been different. But they never are.

It is what it is.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It shouldn’t be forgotten that he left us a possibly the worse time in the season and it was something he had most likely planned over the summer. A big bouncing no from me.

Out of interest, do you have any evidence that Potter was planning over the summer for Chelsea to sack Tuchel?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m not convinced potter is even a consideration, he distanced himself from a number of fairly high profile jobs since he got sacked by Chelsea, I think he’s probably waiting for Southgate to jack in the England job, he’s a shoe in for that gig !
Not so sure. Underqualified. He hasn't got a former European cup-winning side relegated from the EPL yet.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is very true, but footballs gone crazy these days, stranger things could definitely happen 😆
In truth I agree with you. It seems clear that the England set up is now wedded to a model involving a young English coach who will be in the job for a decade plus, and who will fit in. The U21 stream seems a bit unpromising presently so if Southgate does get delusions of adequacy and take a 'top' PL job, Potter may well be England's man. I mean....who else might be in the frame? Russel Martin?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Could we end up with a situation where TB has to decide if he’ll run with the potential toxic atmosphere from a percentage of the fans by bringing Potter back or taking a big gamble on choice no 4 or 5 who may not have managed at this level and are not that inspiring in past achievements.
Yes.

I really think we could.

TB knows the Potter Out Brigade will always be there, they hated him from the start and were never convinced because it was a personality thing. They’ll never support him and will turn against our next manager quickly if they don’t have the charisma or magnetism of a De Zerbi or Boris Johnson. But if he gets to the bottom of his list, it could well be an interesting return for our former disgraced manager.

I’m more interested in winning, style of football and tactics than getting someone with ‘a bit of personality’ although I admit De Zerbi had the ability to inspire and make his players believe they were going to score from the off where as it took Potter more than 2 seasons to nail that.

I don’t think it’s outlandish to suggest that McKenna and Favioli were in our top group of targets. One has a new job now, one will probably have a new job once Manure have done the victory parade and that lanky streak of piss Ratcliffe throws Ten Hag under the bus.

I think TB will still have a few more options before he turns to Potter & co (which will, I’m hearing, include Bruno and Lallana). I’d much rather have Graham than another Sami Hyypia who had such little experience and virtually no record of management success.

Put this way, I think it’s much more likely the Conservative Party will get under 50 seats in the next election than the prodigal son returning.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yes.

I really think we could.

TB knows the Potter Out Brigade will always be there, they hated him from the start and were never convinced because it was a personality thing. They’ll never support him and will turn against our next manager quickly if they don’t have the charisma or magnetism of a De Zerbi or Boris Johnson. But if he gets to the bottom of his list, it could well be an interesting return for our former disgraced manager.

I’m more interested in winning, style of football and tactics than getting someone with ‘a bit of personality’ although I admit De Zerbi had the ability to inspire and make his players believe they were going to score from the off where as it took Potter more than 2 seasons to nail that.

I don’t think it’s outlandish to suggest that McKenna and Favioli were in our top group of targets. One has a new job now, one will probably have a new job once Manure have done the victory parade and that lanky streak of piss Ratcliffe throws Ten Hag under the bus.

I think TB will still have a few more options before he turns to Potter & co (which will, I’m hearing, include Bruno and Lallana). I’d much rather have Graham than another Sami Hyypia who had such little experience and virtually no record of management success.

Put this way, I think it’s much more likely the Conservative Party will get under 50 seats in the next election than the prodigal son returning.

Interesting comment re Lallana, I thought he loved RDZ so why would he leave and then come straight back again if Potter gets the job? I will not be booing GP half as much as I’ll be booing Bruno BTW

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Out of interest, do you have any evidence that Potter was planning over the summer for Chelsea to sack Tuchel?
No but unlike our present PM he would’t have done that off the hoof. He knew there was interest in close season ( spurs enquires) so I doubt they were the only one’s. It is my assumption but I don’t believe I’m too far off.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I can't believe going backwards to Potter is part of the much heralded "succession planning".

I can only see it as a panic measure which means I can't see it happening at all. :shrug:

Time to tune out of this nonsense noise.

Clearly a made up story.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Indeed - and with 8 extra Europa League games to focus on and fit into the schedule. It is remarkable it was only 2 places lower.
Didn’t appear to affect Villa 🤷🏻‍♂️ or even Newcastle who officially had more ‘lost player minutes due to injuries’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here