Votes: 118 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Potter returning would probably represent the only time in my history of supporting the club that I seriously question whether I was still interested.
I agree. I'd have to do a lot of soul searching to decide if I wanted to go to games or not. The guy is a grade A twat, utterly pillaged us, and I would never fully be able to get behind him.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm for it, but I've written enough on the other threads. There was even a Potter thread which then got merged into the 'Who do you want as new manager' Thread, so this one should probably get merged too. The Mckenna thread has become a Potter discussion and that should be merged with the new manager thread as well.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ridiculous thread, as it’s not happening.

Just stop for a second, step back and consider all the options open to the club.

Tony, as a fan, reappointing a man he knows will polarise the support base.

Does that strike you as the kind of decision the club would make?

Then there’s Graham.

All of the options open to him, and his ego… yet he opts to return to a club where he knows he’ll polarise the support base and be booed - a lot.

A club with an undoubtedly worse squad than the one he left behind, injury ravaged and fatigued by a mad Italian… with limited funds to put things right

Does that sound like the kind of thing an egotistical career mongering bloke like ‘our’ Graham would do ?

No, it doesn’t.

It’s bollocks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm for it, but I've written enough on the other threads. There was even a Potter thread which then got merged into the 'Who do you want as new manager' Thread, so this one should probably get merged too. The Mckenna thread has become a Potter discussion and that should be merged with the new manager thread as well.
I've merged at least three Potter threads. I've no idea what will happen to the poll on this one versus the poll on the new manager thread if I merge this but I will close it if it just drags up exactly the same arguments, meaning you can vote but not post.

McKenna isn't the only other candidate with his own threads, but the Potter ones were growing like Topsy and therefore simpler (and more necessary) to merge into one.

Any new ones will be deleted instead, unless we actually do reappoint him, in which case it would demand a specific thread.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
I've merged at least three Potter threads. I've no idea what will happen to the poll on this one versus the poll on the new manager thread if I merge this but I will close it if it just drags up exactly the same arguments, meaning you can vote but not post.

McKenna isn't the only other candidate with his own threads, but the Potter ones were growing like Topsy and therefore simpler (and more necessary) to merge into one.

Any new ones will be deleted instead, unless we actually do reappoint him, in which case it would demand a specific thread.
I think if we actually do reappoint him there will be a million new threads and I reckon I'll want to stay well away from NSC if that happens :ROFLMAO:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Don’t ever go on the BBS. There are sub forums for transfer speculation about general players who might sign for Palace, a separate section for transfer speculation about Palace players, everything football is split into needless multiple sections and threads.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
A bit of mischief.
Under Potter we scored an average of 2 goals per game. Under De Zerbi it was 1.89 in his first season and 1.44 the second.
When Potter left after 6 games in the 22/23 season we were 4th on 13 points. It took De Zerbi a further 11 games to record as many points.
Potter's points at the start of that season were the difference between Europe and a mid-table finish.
Under De Zerbi we conceded an average of 1.39 goals per game in his first season and 1.63 the second. Under Potter it was 0.7.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
A bit of mischief.
Under Potter we scored an average of 2 goals per game. Under De Zerbi it was 1.89 in his first season and 1.44 the second.
When Potter left after 6 games in the 22/23 season we were 4th on 13 points. It took De Zerbi a further 11 games to record as many points.
Potter's points at the start of that season were the difference between Europe and a mid-table finish.
Under De Zerbi we conceded an average of 1.39 goals per game in his first season and 1.63 the second. Under Potter it was 0.7.
Across his whole time with us, or just at the start of 22/23 season? It CANNOT be the former, Shirley?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
I
A bit of mischief.
I've oft thought of doing that analysis, but assumed would have to break it down into seasons or periods - surely no way did we have a 2 - 0.7 goal differential over his whole tenure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports