Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The positives in the cold light of day.......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Unlike the FA Cup, it's better to lose in the semi than the Final. Two extra weeks to get set for next campaign. Assuming a manager doesn't throw a l hissy fit and set us back a season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I woke up this morning knowing that I'm still a Brighton fan despite the result and we never do things the easy way.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
More chance of getting tickets to the 'big games'
JCLs will clear off and support someone else

Oh, really. Someone from Yorkshire who isn't a STH moaning about local people who want to watch exciting football in a massively enjoyable league because they can't get the tickets that they want for the 'big games'. I'd rather have a bunch of enthusiastic younger supporters than miserable old **** like you.

In the meantime, some more positives to take away:

Highest finish for twenty years.
Strong run-in since the beginning of the year.
Great base of support to provide a decent revenue stream and ability to continue to bring in good players.
When it clicks, some fantastic league football.
Exciting season coming up.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I met loads of Palace in the John Harvey in Lewes and outside the ground before the game. They were all good fans. Have more chance of seeing them next year now.

Mr-N

Mar 31, 2012
I like the unpredictable factor in the Championship.

That at least has something on the Premiership.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Only 5 weeks till next seasons fixture list come out
Yeeeaaaahhhhhh
Bournmouth QPR Brentford Reading Charlton Millwall (Watford or Palace ) roll on the southern championship next season
7 fixtures close to home as well as 23 Amex games
Get in!!!!!!!
Seagulls seagulls !!!!
New players
Maybe a new manager
Very exciting times ahead

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
23 home games rather than 20 - which means three more lovely days with my children.
Lots of easy/local and generally cheaper than premiership away days, and much easier to get tickets for them
Still won't need to be bothered with the premiership and all that comes with that
Less plastic fans next season, hopefully

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Only 5 weeks till next seasons fixture list come out
Yeeeaaaahhhhhh
Bournmouth QPR Brentford Reading Charlton Millwall (Watford or Palace ) roll on the southern championship next season
7 fixtures close to home as well as 23 Amex games
Get in!!!!!!!
Seagulls seagulls !!!!
New players
Maybe a new manager
Very exciting times ahead

23 home games rather than 20 - which means three more lovely days with my children.
Lots of easy/local and generally cheaper than premiership away days, and much easier to get tickets for them
Still won't need to be bothered with the premiership and all that comes with that
Less plastic fans next season, hopefully

Totally agree. Woke up this morning looking forward to next season already. Some great away days in prospect, more fantastic times at our sold out wonderful home. Always look forward, never back. We'll be there or there abouts again next year, great times.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
ST won't rise any more than already advertised.
Championship is far more competitive (fun).
Few more local away days (come on Brentford)

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Whatever one feels about individual performances we were fully competitive in the play offs for a game and a half. We were really undone by the skill of a player rated at £15million and on his way to Manure. We have no such player.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
There a million positives and I'm already looking forward to next season's promotion push. Just wish we hadn't lost to Palace.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Our second half of the season was pretty much automatic promotion form and we are certainly stronger this season than last. Players and managers may come and go in the summer but as a club we are certainly moving forward. Whatever happens I think we will be up there challenging again next season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here