Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The poor old kiddy on Countdown is having a nightmare

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Me too. I do ok at it but I live in fear of being bettered by a doddery old granny or, even worse, a 10 year old spod.

You're safe from the 10 year old. The rules on children on TV now are so ridiculous (specifically, that the child - even a 17 year old - can't sit in the chair for more than 60 minutes; and between shows, the child mustn't remain in the building but must go and sit outside or in a different building) mean that they can't have under 18s.

Sadly things have not got better. He has not managed a point on a letters game

NEDIWHERL is his last chance

I didn't watch this but it looks like he must have been a ne'er-do-well.

RAKISNEMB

He's some up with BANKER ( didn't remember to out the s on)

49-0

Poor old kiddy

You don't seem much better getting the right letters in yourself.....

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I sub lessons for 11-16 year olds in an International School and regularly steal from Countdown for puzzles to put on the board during down time :whistle:

2 years in at the same school and they're yet to work it out. Mostly seem to think I've invented the idea despite me telling them to google countdown. Amazed no other staff member has let slip a comment!

They much prefer the numbers. I think because given time they can often get there by experimenting. The letters rounds it's always the same kids who can do well and kind of puts some of the others off I think. Try to explain they should be pleased as non-native English speakers who are still learning with 4's and 5's but the teenage brain doesn't really go for that when their mate gets a 7.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
“Last Edited by Nottseagull 23m ago”

[emoji23]

We pedants live and die by predictive text and typos... (in the early hours of the morning too - great stuff!)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Really? Now she is pregnant that style of dress doesn't really work and always thought legs aren't all that great. With that skirt they look like a couple of shapeless threads hanging out of the bottom.[/QUOTE

Pregnant or not , she is still hot .

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lady on today is currently matching the lad from yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here