Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Polar Bear Family and Me

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Was meant to watch that last night but fell asleep on the sofa so will sky+ it for the next 2 parts and catch the first one.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Didn't realise the next part is tonight, was pissed off thinking I'd probably forget about it by the time they air the next one. Cheers :thumbsup:
Really interesting programme I thought, wouldn't fancy being that bloke when he was in the perspex box though. Fooking nora.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Watched it last night that bloke in the glass cage was terrified by the end it looked like the polar bear was gonna roll it over looks great in BBC HD

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
really great show
don't know what the guys name is but he is up and coming and has already made some great films (tigers in the himalaya mountains and foothills comes to mind) he has a real love of all animals
Thursday final episode

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Gordon Buchanan I think? Have watched both parts and loved it when he was holding the snoring cub in part 1! Had to record this series & AFRICA as my son loves nature docs but they are on just too late at night for him! Why not put these types of programme on at 7ish and put dreary crap like Eastenders on later?!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It made the Polar bear look like a right pussy though, not what it needs when WHC 2013 is currently going on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well shot and pretty enjoyable but a bit fed up with the dumbing down of having to repeat the same lines several times and episode for effect. I'm ok with being told just the once that a mother with two cubs does not usually get both to survival age. same again for " These Bears are incredibly hungry because the ice where they hunt has melted early this year " etc etc.

Other than that, well done, better than that pwatt Packham

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Sadly yes but they don't know how

probably starved as the mother was too busy worrying about the camera crew rather than getting on with natural behavior. Personally I would have preferred a show called 'Polar Bear Family' rather than 'Polar Bear Family and Me' ...... far too much 'Me', dumbed down commentary and antropomorphism for my liking.

"Laira's now wondering what's going on with the helicopter hovering over head", "unfortunately now she decided to hide" etc. etc. I'm sure there was some proper research going on but there was precious little of it discussed in what I've seen.

All looked nice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here