Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Playoffs 2017

Stumpy Tim

It would be a travesty if Reading win it. I prefer Fulham, followed by the Massive and Hudds

Given they finished 4 points clear of 4th, it could be argued it would be a travesty if they didn't win it. Obviously I really hope they don't of course.

I'm just glad we're not involved. I don't think my liver would take another two or three games

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sure yesterday was a tad annoying but WHAT a season and WHAT a lovely feeling it is to be nice and smug and actually enjoy the Playoffs this year.

With our recent involvement in it I've not been able to enjoy what are BRILLIANT games.
I hear what you're saying but they're usually dire cagey games, unfortunately.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Still struggling to get over how funny it is that Leeds missed out.

Me too - I have a Leeds supporting mate who is apoplectic having said we'd choke, particularly when Leeds only won 1 of their last 7 games and completely blew it and then Charlie Taylor refused to play in the Wigan game!!

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Given they finished 4 points clear of 4th, it could be argued it would be a travesty if they didn't win it. Obviously I really hope they don't of course.

Ignore the table. Reading are in a false position, remember? :D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ignore the table. Reading are in a false position, remember? :D

You are - but only a TINY bit. You are probably ONE place higher than you've 'earned' on account of Huddersfield deliberately chucking the last two, to avoid Fulham.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I think either Massive or Fulham will do it.

From an Albion point of view, I am not too fussed about who wins as we've proved that we're better than all four teams involved. But perhaps would rather either Fulham or Reading as it would be another local away day!

theroyal

May 11, 2014
You are - but only a TINY bit. You are probably ONE place higher than you've 'earned' on account of Huddersfield deliberately chucking the last two, to avoid Fulham.

Yeah, perhaps. I'm totally intrigued by other club's perspective of us, to be honest. I've never experienced a season where we've been written off in all quarters for pretty much the whole 9 months. Is it the away drubbings that have skewed things?

It's probably just my bias, but I really don't think Stam and the team have gotten anywhere near the credit they deserve.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Reading or Huddersfield from a selfish perspective, they'll both be relegation fodder.

Fulham from the heart, because I like them the most out of the 4.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah, perhaps. I'm totally intrigued by other club's perspective of us, to be honest. I've never experienced a season where we've been written off in all quarters for pretty much the whole 9 months. Is it the away drubbings that have skewed things?

It's probably just my bias, but I really don't think Stam and the team have gotten anywhere near the credit they deserve.

He's done way better than I expected him to, given the squad at his disposal. Reading deserve to be up there, as you've won more games than any team bar Newcastle and ourselves, yet you've always been somehow 'unconvincing'. The goal difference between the top three sides says it all: NUFC +45, BHAFC +34, RFC +4 !

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I'd like to see Massive lose it after one of their defenders gets pushed out of the way for somebody to nod it in, they'll be screaming for the foul but the Ref will award the goal regardless. That would be poetic.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
He's done way better than I expected him to, given the squad at his disposal. Reading deserve to be up there, as you've won more games than any team bar Newcastle and ourselves, yet you've always been somehow 'unconvincing'. The goal difference between the top three sides says it all: NUFC +45, BHAFC +34, RFC +4 !

Yeah, that'll be because of the odd drubbing and that we generally win games by a close margin. I believe Stam has openly said that he likes to play with an open style away from home.

What confuses me is that, Huddersfield have a negative goal difference, yet get universally praised for what a brilliant season they're having!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah, that'll be because of the odd drubbing and that we generally win games by a close margin. I believe Stam has openly said that he likes to play with an open style away from home.

What confuses me is that, Huddersfield have a negative goal difference, yet get universally praised for what a brilliant season they're having!

They've massively over-achieved, that's all, and they mostly TRY to play high tempo stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here