Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The players we've released / sold

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think any of the development players that have moved on have proved us wrong in getting rid

Yaser Kasim. Will leave Swindon for seven figures.

Strange about Orlandi and SD because both can get you goals in this division.

Orlandi started Blackpool's first two matches, then picked up an injury.
Dave has a club back in Spain (2nd div?)

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I see Will Hoskins got taken of the field on a stretcher yesterday the poor sod.

[tweet]508427288736972801[/tweet]

Do feel that could be the final straw for him. Would not be too surprised (depending on severity of the injury) if he was to jack it in now.

With the bad luck he's had few could blame him

Shame. Always remember that performance at Brizzle away. #baller

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The only one that surprised me was PIG. But he clearly thinks he is better than he actually is.

Orlandi and SD too injury-prone / inconsistent. Getting a job at Blackpool (Andrea) is hardly difficult these days: I think I could have got a contract there if I'd asked nicely earlier this season!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and Cook was a big mistake IMHO. But Muzza was the biggest mistake Gus made in his time here.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Oh, and Cook was a big mistake IMHO. But Muzza was the biggest mistake Gus made in his time here.

Was it Gus's decision? I am not too sure. Cook was a mistake in hindsight but he was a long way off the first team at the time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was about the style of football that Gus wanted us to play rather than Cooks ability oir lack of. He was and is an old fashioned English type defender Gus wanted ball players, like the Spaniards.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Absolutely gutted regarding cook and elphick. Im sure that those 2 plus dunk could have given us a stable defence for years! No one else throws himslef in front of the ball like Elphick does

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No, as all of NSC knows, any failure or error in signing or retaining a player, is Burkes fault. All celebrated signings and glad to be shot of releases are the Managers decision.

The club made an offer, Palace made him an offer, Palace's offer was significantly higher, Murray asked Brighton to go half way towards the offer he had from Palace to stay, club did not improve their offer, he went to Palace.
Gus said the way the budget was arranged meant he could not offer Murray any more in salary but could bid £2.5M transfer for CMS, I don't believe him.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No, as all of NSC knows, any failure or error in signing or retaining a player, is Burkes fault. All celebrated signings and glad to be shot of releases are the Managers decision.

The club made an offer, Palace made him an offer, Palace's offer was significantly higher, Murray asked Brighton to go half way towards the offer he had from Palace to stay, club did not improve their offer, he went to Palace.
Gus said the way the budget was arranged meant he could not offer Murray any more in salary but could bid £2.5M transfer for CMS, I don't believe him.

It may well have been at that stage...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
No doubt in my mind that if we had kept Murray rather than buy CMS we would have had at least a season in the Premier League now. That decision baffles me, why lose a player who suits your style perfectly and then buy a expensive replacement who you can't or won't play in a style to suit. It's nuts.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Was it Gus's decision? I am not too sure. Cook was a mistake in hindsight but he was a long way off the first team at the time.

Well, Cook did play in our 1st team a limited number of times. Gus was pretty much in control of player dealings when in charge.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

The club made an offer, Palace made him an offer, Palace's offer was significantly higher, Murray asked Brighton to go half way towards the offer he had from Palace to stay, club did not improve their offer, he went to Palace. http://www.northstandchat.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6557207

I find it hard to believe too I cannot see TB allowing such a rigid budget prevent us from keeping a player. It must have been a club wage cap surely.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I find it hard to believe too I cannot see TB allowing such a rigid budget prevent us from keeping a player. It must have been a club wage cap surely.

Whilst Burke and TB has all but said there is a maximum we will pay players, when referring to Oscar they said that players have to be asking for an amount of money to play for us that fits in with the club structure, or something like this. Even if we don't the manager will have a wages budget and will have to work within this. The transfer fee budget will be different and because it is capital rather than running costs, that is we are buying an asset even if it is a depreciating one.

PIG, as I understand it, did not like playing every week and wanted to be a no 2 at a premier league club, this, if true, would explain why he has not yet found a club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here