Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The play offs, anyone else feel strangely relaxed

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's time to get hungry again.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Yup pretty much all of the above, I too was not expecting a top 6 finish. So for me it's been a good season, any more and it becomes a great season.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Strangely relaxed too. Still cannot fathom how we finished with 72 points & 6th playing some of the stuff we've witnessed this season.
Play-offs feel like a huge unexpected bonus and like others, win or lose, I just hope we put on a better performance than last year. I guess it's different too in that it's the first leg at home this time so Sunday will be the nerve jangling occasion I suspect.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its our year
every time I see that GOAL I have this strange inane grin
its written in the stars so no I am not worried

KEEP CALM AND GET PROMOTED

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
A few weeks ago, I convinced myself that we wouldnt reach playoffs...been relaxed ever since then...

I lost confidence in the middle of the season and gave them up for dead ............stupid really this is the Albion we are talking about, maybe the man does walk on water

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I was relaxed on Saturday and even predicted the correct score and to me its a bonus of two more games to watch and if we win them then another bonus game. No pressure on us as we arent supposed to be in this position

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I love the Championship so much part of me doesn't want to leave it behind, but I know to progress as a club we need to try and move up to the Prem.

Just hope if we get there we'll do a Southampton and not a Cardiff.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I didn't really begin to enjoy this season until February after the vPalarse fiasco...now I'm very relaxed. Our tormentor Zaha is like a wandering Jew and is (apparently) as miserable as sin, our team is mostly fit and well, derby are already dreaming of wembley and go into this as favourites...it couldn't be better really.

Coool maaan.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm relaxed. All-in-all, I think we have overachieved this season. Last season I had built in up in my head and was convinced that it was 'our year'. This time around, I think we are a little lucky to be there - the last month of the season felt like us, Reading, Forest, Ipswich and Bournemouth were all doing our best to avoid getting into the playoffs.

Mind you, if we come away from the Amex with a half-decent result, I will probably be very excitable in the run up to Sunday's game!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Pretty relaxed. Wasnt expecting us to even be in the play-offs in the first place, so whatever happens, happens. If we lose, then as long as we actually put some effort in - I wouldnt really mind as Derby have been much better than us this season and we would be beaten by the better team - the same if we get to Wembley.

If we dont go up, then so be it - after all, the team who finished 6th last season walked the league this season !!

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
I'm chilled about it. Sixth is a great achievement for us especially if you bear in mind the injuries and the pre-season turmoil. Anything from now is a bonus for me.

I'm chilled insofar we thought we'd not be there in the first place - I hope it feeds through to the Boys.
Whatever - we've made the play offs twice in a row, this time in adversity, so amazing.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Actively looking forward to it. Defeat would be a disappointment, but nothing more. This time last season was like waiting for root canal work or something. Horrible.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I didn't think we'd get there and I don't think we'll win so am pretty chilled out about it to be honest.

Whatever happens I think we've had a surprisingly positive season, and if as I expect we don't make it through, I am hoping we have an interesting summer and Oscar can really show us what he's about next season.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
5-4 to the albion will be the scoreline. I dont know if this os in one game, the final aggregate, or the score on penalties. But it will play a part. It was in a dream *que twilight zone music*

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You've got to be in it to win it, and we're in it.

Once there you need a bit of luck to help you out (see Palace, Crystal) and I think we're now drawing on a season's worth of bad luck with plenty more to claim.

I have no hope and no expectations, but I bloody well can't wait to be at the Amex on Thursday night.

Yup, this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here