Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Phone In Thread (14/10/06) With Dick Tight.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
London Irish said:
I actually don't think it was an exclusive at all. In the very long interview that Dick Knight gave to the Argus the day after the sacking, Knight made reference to McGhee not getting the best out of the players.

The "losing the dressing thing" is the same idea but just dressed up in the most cliched soundbite language that for some reason football fans seem to love.

Funny that senior squad members like OGH and Butters both expressed their shock and dismay at McGhee's sacking - did he "lose" these players then? ???

At the very beginning of August I heard Dick Knight say with my own ears that "common sense" had prevailed at the Albion when McGhee was confirmed as manager for the season. Yet, 7 weeks later, McGhee lost the players, according to the same person? Who does Knight think he is fooling with these bizarre and abrupt changes of line?

I was at the same meetings AGM and Fans Forum and heard the same.
Deflecting the flak from himself I reckon.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Harty said:
Same here and ROSM you are talking bollocks, DTG, the NSC legend, backed up what I said on last weeks show, and I never said DK turned away investment, hence his public apology.

Ian, I really do wish you would actually read what had been written before launching into your diatribe.

This is what i wrote:

'- once and for all, the comments attributed to Harty can now be exposed as wrong. harty says he didn't say that knight was blocking investment from outsiders. Knight says he would welcome investment with open arms. I wonder if that will be the end of that rumour from the knowledgeable masses.'

I used the word attributed - which means that someone has said that you said it. I then clearly point out that you have made clear you didn't say it.

I have to say though, the response you gave when challenged were reminiscent of the kind of response I used to give at school when accused of something (wrongly of course, I never did anything wrong) - the sense of indignation you portrayed was first class
:thumbsup:

any more behaviour like this from you young man, and it will be me asking for the public apology!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Harty said:
And the same goes for you, if your big enough to constantly bitch and back bite come up to the press box next Saturday and actually have the front to say it to my face.

Apologies for saying you had a jumped-up opinion of yourself. it was uncalled for. I would be happy to come up to the Press Box or meet you in the Sportman and buy you a drink. As I have posted on here many times - you do a good job in the phone-in and are a very funny bloke.

It would just be better if you had fewer digs at Dick Knight. Or be more clear on why you appear to distrust him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dick Knights Mumm said:
It would just be better if you had fewer digs at Dick Knight. Or be more clear on why you appear to distrust him.

I think there are more than a few people who have their doubts about DK. Whilst most of us acknowledge all he has done for this club there are some questions that must surely arise out of the McGhee situation for a start.

I'm not saying Harty is a superstar but he has always been dedicated supporter of Brighton and Hove Albion FC and has seen various Chairmen come and go. If he choses to use his radio show to his opinion its his right.

He's no sycophant who toes the club line and after all, he's not an employee of BHA either.

That's not intended as a slight on anybody just my own opinion of the situation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bhaexpress said:
I think there are more than a few people who have their doubts about DK. Whilst most of us acknowledge all he has done for this club there are some questions that must surely arise out of the McGhee situation for a start.

I'm not saying Harty is a superstar but he has always been dedicated supporter of Brighton and Hove Albion FC and has seen various Chairmen come and go. If he choses to use his radio show to his opinion its his right.

He's no sycophant who toes the club line and after all, he's not an employee of BHA either.

That's not intended as a slight on anybody just my own opinion of the situation.

The actual point about Saturday was that DK said that harty had said that ( do you see where this is going) there were investors sat in the Northstand and DK was blocking them.....harty said no such thing, rather questioned why these people would not invest ( ie have they asked and been rebuffed, or just not asked) I confirmed that Harty did not actually say that DK was blocking investment...that was all.

Still....I take it you all enjoyed the phone in, which is what it is there for ( ie to be enjoyed)

I am on a course all week so only get to sign on here at lunch times

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here